X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reece^B
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.6.x

Page Rank

Noticed I seemed i've gone from two to zero which I can't understand why.

Could someone explain the best way to get high ranking in search engines, i know about SEO and being linked from well known sites but it's easier said that done.

On that note, it's not wise to add SEO when your indexed in google because the links will stop functioning properly due to the different url?

Anyone shed any light on this, cheers lol
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

Forget about the Page Rank.

The Official Google PageRank Update has just happened yesterday. WebAppers has got a mixture of PR5 and PR4 from PR0 in most datacenter. Apparently Google
    That's the end of that!

Comment

• Reece^B
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.6.x

Just checked it and it's gone from 0 back to 2 which it was last time I checked.

What annoys me is this other website which is about pit bikes like mine, has little or NO content unlike my website with over 2,000 members yet i only get a measly two and they have 4?

Comment

• MrNase
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.8.x

I went from 5 or 4 to 2 but I don't care. The Page Rank isn't that important.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Just a few months ago, on September 1st I started http://wetalk.tv/ and I just checked, we went from PR0 to PR4. It at least made me feel I was doing something right with the site.

Comment

• jeffinj
            • Apr 2006

I sold of some link spaces on my forum and it dropped from 4 to 3. I'll be careful not to do that now.
            Last edited by jeffinj; Wed 31 Oct '07, 8:47pm.
            www.christianforumsite.com
            sigpic

Comment

• FreshFroot_
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.8.x

Mine went from 4 to 1.. and then I realized my SEO program wasn't working and that google was re-indexing the default urls. So I fixed it and hopefully my PR shoots up again. it would be nice to break my record and get a PR of 5.

Comment

• Dean C
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.x

There are millions of misguided articles about that tell you to do this, do that to increase your pagerank and search engine presence. Quite simply put: use semantic markup, and write good content. If you do that you're presence will increase naturally
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 3.6.x

PR is stupid. It's just Google's way of having control over webmasters. Just look at all the uproar over the latest update. Some people have completely changed the way they manage their site because of it. That's all it is.

Comment

• RedTyger
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 3.8.x

More fool them then, Google will undoubtedly refine their changes and those people may then have to change again. It's only common sense to wait for the dust to settle before totting up what's what. It seems to me that a lot of people simply don't understand what they are doing, that is not Google's fault.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

And if all that results in better web sites for site visitors, and better search engine listings, so the users get better results searching for keywords. I don't mind.

Comment

• Businessservices
                        • Nov 2007

To say PR is useless, is wrong.

If you sell links, PR is crucial.
                        Exchanging links is much easier if a site has a high PR

PR also gives a guide on how good or bad a link building campaign is going. If a person submitted to lots of paid directories they may have found their PR shooting up to around PR5 last year, however since Googles policy change regarding paid links for PR, rankings will have dropped.

When embarking on a link building strategy it is always wise to not put your eggs in one basket, use various methods to build links, it is not hard, it just takes time and Patience.

I personally wonder why Google has taken a stance on paid links, when their own Enterprise Solution page uses a paid link system. If accepted a company gets a listing for $10,000. I guess they now consider themselves that big they can do as they please.

It would be nice if people substantiated what they wrote on forums, especially in regards to SEO, it was cause less problems.

Comment

• Dean C
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Selling links is against Google's TOS, which goes against everything you have just said.
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Businessservices
                            • Nov 2007

Dean,

I only give my own opinion, I have a general understanding of PR and Google, I must do as my site is listed in position 3 from 1.7 billion pages.

In regards to Googles T.O.S did you visit their Enterprise Solution page?

Comment

• paullvic321
                              • Nov 2007

Hi
                              PR is surely important for your site's worth but make sure not to get it through fake methods. Especially you should avoid black hat seo otherwise google can harm you not only through PR but also through search engine ranking which will ultimately become biggest problem in the form of traffic loss!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...