X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KuJoe
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.7.x

Actually I looked up one of their other sites and found one of their web hosts and have contacted them. Depending on the response they give me I might take you up on your offer.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

If the license is in your name and email, you have control over it. If he has access to support on the forums, remove his email from the priority list. If he has access to the hosting change hosting provider (make a .sql dump backup and move the files) If he has access to the members' area here you can request to have the pass changed. If he has access to your email account, change that pass too.

You can move the forum to a new domain or away from his hosting, you can start a new forum or whatever. You have permission to run one instance on your license, tell him he no longer has permission and report his URL to the piracy department of vbulletin, and explain that you run your license legally on domain.com (whatever your site is). This way we can send a DMCA notification to the owner of the other domain and hosting company, asking them to stop using it or provide a license number. If he gives your license number we know it points not to his domain but your own instance .. and he has to remove it or face further potential legal steps. For example, the hosting provider or data center might suspend the hosting account.

For an individual situation analysis and support start a support ticket. It's best not to discuss these matters in public.

Comment

• KuJoe
        • Jun 2006
        • 3.7.x

Thank you, I am finally making a dent in this situation. This thread can be closed or deleted.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...