X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • semodders
    • Aug 2007

One guy threatning me, please help me.

Hi,

There is one guy called satz, i used to work with him but then after a month we had arguments and then he left, then we still had arguments, and now he is threatening me that he has reported me to jelsoft, i have not done any thing wrong but he hates me, today he said that he will hack my vbulletin software, i think he is an hacker, please give me advice what to do.

Thank You
    Sajid
  • 1QuickSI
    • Oct 2001

1. Change ALL your passwords immediatly
    2. I would probaly reinstall VB from freshly downloaded files just incase he injected code to allow for a back door or worse.
    3. Who cares if he reports you to JelSoft as long as your legit there is nothing to worry about

4. Go on your merry way and enjoy life and ignore him
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
    PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

• semodders
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 1QuickSI
      1. Change ALL your passwords immediatly
      2. I would probaly reinstall VB from freshly downloaded files just incase he injected code to allow for a back door or worse.
      3. Who cares if he reports you to JelSoft as long as your legit there is nothing to worry about

4. Go on your merry way and enjoy life and ignore him
      but i am still worried, right now he is doing something to destroy my site, he said :
      sherd123: if u want i'll do it right now
      sherd123: wanna see ?
      sherd123: bye

i am very worried.

i am legit, but in the past i wasnt but now i am .

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

You can tell him to go ahead and report you. You're a licensed customer and that means when we check the url and your customer account that we will find a license pointing to that domain and all is good. If you are worried about your security then get the IP of this user and ban him on the server level and take precautions such as a) backing up your forum files and database. So when he hacks you, you can just go to a new provider and continue the web site. If you're paranoid you can also change the passwords to the hosting provider's ftp/email/mysql and the domain registrar. And your windows password.

Any good security measure is to not run third party software on vBulletin that isn't officially coded by Jelsoft, and to run the latest 3.6.8 PL1 version of vBulletin.

Of course, go through this thread and follow those steps. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194701

best advise perhaps is to just block this user and stop having conversations with him. Ignore him and block/ban him from msn/email/forums/etc.

Comment

• semodders
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Floris
          You can tell him to go ahead and report you. You're a licensed customer and that means when we check the url and your customer account that we will find a license pointing to that domain and all is good. If you are worried about your security then get the IP of this user and ban him on the server level and take precautions such as a) backing up your forum files and database. So when he hacks you, you can just go to a new provider and continue the web site. If you're paranoid you can also change the passwords to the hosting provider's ftp/email/mysql and the domain registrar. And your windows password.

Any good security measure is to not run third party software on vBulletin that isn't officially coded by Jelsoft, and to run the latest 3.6.8 PL1 version of vBulletin.

Of course, go through this thread and follow those steps. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194701

best advise perhaps is to just block this user and stop having conversations with him. Ignore him and block/ban him from msn/email/forums/etc.
          ok thank you for the advise! i will do that.

Thanks!

Comment

• Satz
            • Dec 2007

now thats funny, coz you guys supporting him , though he was cheating by using pirated Version(At 1st)

then later when i reported to the hosting(hostgator) he bought the license as there were no second option

i have not done any thing wrong but he hates me
            why wud some1 hav to hate after working as a partner for 40days ?
            he is just a cheater , fooled me and got all my hard works on his forum and ditched me later.. ok its off topic

if you think i am lying.. @Floris
            please check the date of issue of the license and the date of VB script he installed in his domain
            Last edited by Satz; Thu 6 Dec '07, 5:58am. Reason: thought - though*

Comment

• Distance
              • Jul 2006
              • 3.6.x

It is pretty irrelevent, if you did report him to Jelsoft he is given 30 days to remove the forum or purchase a license anyway, so the date he installed the board is irrelevant.

semodders, if you are running the latest version of vBulletin and you have all the original vBulletin files uploaded, you shouldn't have a problem.

I can't remember 100% where the tool is to do this without looking, but you can check the suspect file versions by going to your AdminCP -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions to see if any files have been added or modified.

Distance

Comment

• Satz
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Distance
                It is pretty irrelevent, if you did report him to Jelsoft he is given 30 days to remove the forum or purchase a license anyway, so the date he installed the board is irrelevant.

semodders, if you are running the latest version of vBulletin and you have all the original vBulletin files uploaded, you shouldn't have a problem.

I can't remember 100% where the tool is to do this without looking, but you can check the suspect file versions by going to your AdminCP -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions to see if any files have been added or modified.

Distance
                Please Read my Post again , i said i reported to "hostgator" not jelsoft !

Oldest post - Obviously just after few days of VB installation

08-20-2007, 08:48 AM
                Last edited by Satz; Thu 6 Dec '07, 6:03am.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 1.1.x

If he has a license copy and does not overwrite the previous version that was obtain by other means, then maybe the host will hold / delete his database. It would be bad business practice to erase ones database without it being confirm that he is running an unlicensed and given a chance to make things right.

Plus this has already been address and if his host decides to delete or hold hostage his/hers database, then he/she can go forth with legal actions. This is now mute and does not need to be discuss anymore within this thread.
                  https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/2369178

If you still need more question answered, then use the contact link below. You will not be given any information reguarding a single individual if that is what you were wanting.

Comment

• MidnightPyro
                    • Dec 2001
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Satz
                    Please Read my Post again , i said i reported to "hostgator" not jelsoft !

Oldest post - Obviously just after few days of VB installation

08-20-2007, 08:48 AM

I'm not too sure what you're trying to do here. Even if the first post was before his license purchase, it sounds like he does own a license now. I doubt Floris can comment much on customer's personal information. I'm pretty sure the bottom line is; If he owns a vB license, and he isn't violating the Jelsoft License agreement, he's running a perfectly legit forum.

My advice to you would be if you feel as though a forum is pirated or violating the license agreement, use the form located at http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php and they'll look into it.

If you feel as though the site is violating their web hosts policies, contact the web host.

Comment

• Satz
                      • Dec 2007

i forced him to purchase an VB License ! on 24-10-2007

after purchasing only here came here and posted all crap on me

this thread was started on 26-10-07

Ticket Details
                      ===================
                      Ticket ID: PEX-830827
                      Department: Abuse
                      Originally posted by MidnightPyro
                      I'm not too sure what you're trying to do here. Even if the first post was before his license purchase, it sounds like he does own a license now. I doubt Floris can comment much on customer's personal information. I'm pretty sure the bottom line is; If he owns a vB license, and he isn't violating the Jelsoft License agreement, he's running a perfectly legit forum.

My advice to you would be if you feel as though a forum is pirated or violating the license agreement, use the form located at http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php and they'll look into it.

If you feel as though the site is violating their web hosts policies, contact the web host.

Comment

• DoE
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Satz
                        i forced him to purchase an VB License ! on 24-10-2007

after purchasing only here came here and posted all crap on me

this thread was started on 26-10-07
                        Forced him to buy a license? lol, You can't force anybody to do anything, you mean threatened, right? Well he has a license, so now stay away from his site, and him, and case closed.

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by MidnightPyro
                          I doubt Floris can comment much on customer's personal information.
                          In fact, we value the privacy of our customers.
                          We do not police the forums, if someone uses a word processor from microsoft office to write threatening letters, do you ask microsoft to revoke their license?

Jelsoft has nothing to do with people who have a dispute with eachother. If someone breaks our license agreement we protect our IP, if someone has an issue with someone else there's nothing we can do. Jelsoft is not picking sides with anybody.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...