X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazinger
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

Best forum rules

I'm a bit fond of vBulletin community rules - I like the way they were formulated in, but I still think they don't anticipate everything.

What's the best forum rules you've seen or experienced? - so I may quote some parts to improve mine.
    $post[signature]
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Every search in vBulletin.org, as some have shared what they have in place on forum.

Comment

• simsim
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.6.x

There are loads of great stuff about writing forum rules at The Admin Zone.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Mazinger
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.7.x

Thanks!
        $post[signature]

Comment

• Alex McLean
          • Jul 2007
          • 4.2.x

Just copy someones rules and change it a bit.

Comment

• Freesteyelz
            • Jan 2006

It's difficult to anticipate everything, especially when you're dealing with human beings. I suggest that you keep your rules simple and general. You'll face more of a challenge of enforcing the rules if you write it out too specifically and have too many. Note that being an admin you inherit the right to change any rules as necessary so I wouldn't place too much effort into it.

If you're drafting up licensing policies then that's another story.

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

I'm not a fan of using any forum rules when you start a new forum and are looking to get members, they can have a negitive effect in putting people of from joining if they are a bit strict.

Comment

• simsim
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
                I'm not a fan of using any forum rules when you start a new forum and are looking to get members, they can have a negitive effect in putting people of from joining if they are a bit strict.
                I totally agree. I've made this mistake myself.

When you're just starting, don't even bother to sit down & write rules for your forum. Maintain the boards personally & when you get big, begin to write down rules for the things that you see your members frequently commit.
                You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...