X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James M
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

September 11th

It's September 11th tomorrow, and I'm wondering - where was you when the twin towers were struck? And what emotions were running through your head at that time?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I was at home drinking coffee. Personally, I thought it was a devastating event and felt sorry for the families but didn't feel any outright grief myself. The actual event didn't have any impact on my immediate life. Though the aftermath has changed things and brought the affect to me as friends and family go to Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

I arrived at work and found everyone at the TV sets watching a news report about a plane crashing into the WTC. At first I thought it was an accident but then I saw the second plane crash on TV.

I was lucky - no one I personally knew was hurt or injured that day although I found out later that a friend came close to dying in the collapse of one of the smaller buildings near by.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        I was at home drinking coffee. Personally, I thought it was a devastating event and felt sorry for the families but didn't feel any outright grief myself. The actual event didn't have any impact on my immediate life. Though the aftermath has changed things and brought the affect to me as friends and family go to Afghanistan and Iraq.
        I think that's one of the reasons why the majority (%) of the US (from recent article I read on Digg) couldn't remember which year it happened in.

Comment

• James M
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.6.x

I just got back from school, I was about 9 at the time and I didn't understand the whole impact of it, although I felt emotions for the families and people who witnessed the tragedy.

Comment

• MrNase
            • Jun 2003
            • 3.8.x

I watched TV with my neighbor and we first thought it was a bad joke. We were in total shock and we couldn't understand what was happening there and so was the reaction of the people around us.

I remember that we went to a shop after 30 minutes of watching and they had a TV there and we watched it with total strangers and we all agreed that this can't be true.. but it was. sadly.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Floris
              I think that's one of the reasons why the majority (%) of the US (from recent article I read on Digg) couldn't remember which year it happened in.
              Possibly.. I remember the year but we have a local memorial service every year on the anniversary that is put on by our Interfaith Council and the Human Relations Task Force.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Same as Luke really, I feel no grief towards the event. But then I didn't lose anybody and I'm not from the USA to feel that involved like US citizens would.

But I remember seeing the images on TV of the plane flying into the towers and thought "Oh my god, am I seeing things". That was quite shocking to see happen the way it did.

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

I was waiting for school to start. Like Wayne, it was a tragic event, but wasn't all the personal to me. I remember it sort of like I remember an event such as Pearl Harbor... A tragic part of history, though it really isn't deeply emotional for me. And I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just the way it is for me.
                  Forums

Comment

• Freesteyelz
                    • Jan 2006

I was sleeping when I got a call from a family member and I immediately turned on the tv to FoxNews. I saw the event unfold. It seemed so surreal watching planes slam into the Twin Towers and watching them fall, I was stunned.

I think about my experiences up at Windows On The World, a restaurant up on the North Tower, whenever I traveled to New York. They were happy times...

Comment

• Milado
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I'll speak frankly.

At that time, I was about 18 years old. I was totally taken by the media in my country. I was like the most of my people, we all hate America. that's because the USA government isn't fair about our case (the occupation by Israel) in the Middle East.

I was with my grandma helping her in house arrangement. Firstly I was shocked, but after that I feel exultant. I'm sorry for that, and sorry for saying it. but it's the truth. this wasn't my case. all the people felt the same.

Now after 6 years. I went to the faculty of medicine and I'm about to be graduated as a medical doctor. I read and cultured myself. Now I believe in the liberty, democracy, individual freedom, pluralism, nonviolence and secularism. Now I'm Liberal. even I don't believe in religions anymore.

Now I feel I was wrong. and I feel sorry for the victims and their families. I condemn that terrorism. and I hope for Osamah Ben-Laden and his fellows to be captured or killed.

Still the US government isn't fair about our case. and my people still hope for the worst to be happened to America, and that's not good. USA got to improve its reputation outside, certainly in the Middle East, by taking fair stands.

With all the respect to the American Nation (but not to all politicians there), and Best regards.

Peace, come for the global.
                      Last edited by Milado; Tue 11 Sep '07, 6:24am.
                      Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• minx
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 3.8.x

I was working in London this day 6 years ago as a network administrator... i saw the news in disbelief... I bought the main news papers the next day and kept them safe... even in these papers the very next day it out-lined bin-laden, al-keida, 18 hi-jackers the lot...

In the 6 years following and the huge amount of surfacing evidence not to mention the no WMDs the torture the gitmo's the lies the deaths, Iraq and even more lies, the reduction in civil liberties, the new terrorist acts etc etc etc - it should be completely obvious (not unless your asleep living the American dream) that the entire 9/11 scenario was to advance or accelerate a secret addenda unknown to most of us by those who own the government... if you think thats far fetched all you have to do it pick up a reliable non-mainstream media source and compare that to watch you see in the main stream news and bingo.... you wake up out of the bubble these people are spinning to keep you asleep... I know it's a difficult world out there...and you can ignore it if you like... but not for much longer...

...and your brave USAF boys & girls in the forces (my family is RAF/MOD) are gonna stay... plenty of contracts, plenty of $$$ but the violence just won't stop will it.... just keeps going... and you watch and you think... and you do nothing... while hundreds of thousands die for profit it's ok...it's another Vietnam, another PH...but thats fine...

But the main question is Sports...Harry Potter, IPods, Paris Hilton... yes enjoy them... no problem... but

Comment

• Gorgrael
                          • Sep 2007

I was studying for an exam the next day and hubby had gone to bed and was watching it on TV and yelled out that the twin towers had been hit. At the time everyone thought it was an accident but I raced up to the bedroom and was watching it with him when the second plane hit. We were just flabbergasted and kept watching it all night. I don't think we slept all night and I was a mess the next day for my exam. Watching them fall was beyond imagination.

Comment

• Mayers
                            • Jul 2004
                            • 3.6.x

It was second period, my second day of school (we had a late start that year) and I was in math class. I remember sitting there and then the Principal gets on the PA system and tells out that the country was under attack. We were told that teachers could stop teaching and let us view the TV's because it would end up being major event in US history. So most of the day we sat around and looked at TV. Once the two towers fell parents started rushing up to the school and pulling their kids out.

Me personally, I didn't have any family or friends that were killed in the attack but it was sad to see something so bad happen.
                            Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

• Mazinger
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Milado
                              I was like the most of my people, we all hate America. that's because the USA government isn't fair about our case (the occupation by Israel) in the Middle East.

Firstly I was shocked, but after that I feel exultant. I'm sorry for that, and sorry for saying it. but it's the truth. this wasn't may case. all the people felt the same.

Now I feel I was wrong. and I feel sorry for the victims and their families. I condemn that terrorism.
                              The same here.
                              $post[signature]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...