Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

3.6.9 or 3.7 next?

What do you think will come next (I'm asking the staff this question also).

Do you think we will see another 3.6 version released, like 3.6.9. or do you think the next release will be a jump straight to 3.7 instead. Also can the staff confirm if they are currently working on 3.7? I'm not asking for a release date or anything, I'm just wondering if 3.7 is currently work in progress
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

3.6.9 could come out as a maintanece release or because of a newly found security issue, 3.6.10 and 3.6.11 could also come out before 3.7.0. 3.7 is what we are working towards though.

Comment

• Asvin
      • Jul 2007

One think Zachery left out...

Yes, they are currently working on a social networking feature which is said to be released with the release of 3.7.0.

Comment

• Mazinger
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.7.x

AFAIK, 3.7 is in 'alpha' stage. So, it's probably will take some time before it's released.
        $post[signature]

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Well now that Blogs & Tools have been released, and the social networking, which was to be part of blogs is now going to be part of 3.7, then logic would suggest that 3.7.0 Beta is what they should now be working on (3.7.0 beta is now listed as an option in the bug tracker btw, that's a recent change as it used to just say 3.7 - some may speculate that this is so private bugs can be logged by Jelsoft Staff using 3.7.0 ).
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Yves R.
            vBulletin QA
            • Nov 2003
            • 5.6.X

And an Alpha period can take long time before the first Beta (Firefox 3 is an example, 7 Alphas from December 2006 to now)

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Paul M
              Well now that Blogs & Tools have been released, and the social networking, which was to be part of blogs is now going to be part of 3.7, then logic would suggest that 3.7.0 Beta is what they should now be working on (3.7.0 beta is now listed as an option in the bug tracker btw, that's a recent change as it used to just say 3.7 - some may speculate that this is so private bugs can be logged by Jelsoft Staff using 3.7.0 ).
              That was my way of thinking which is why I asked the original question, everybody is asking for the social networking, which is only going to be included in 3.7. Hence why I was thinking they may skip anymore 3.6 versions and jump straight to 3.7 next.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Any future 3.6.x versions are point releases, they would include minor bug fixes, tweaks, security issue fixes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...