X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forum4All.com
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Take a look...Forum4All

Just playing around, but created this. Lots of work to go, but I have never found a forum for all. So I bought the name and am trying it. Still in construction so here is the link and still have much work ahead. Thoughts?
    Thanks all.

• smooth
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

Name don't work for me mate, but nice forum.

Comment

• Forum4All.com
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

Really.

Hey thanks for looking. I appreciate it.

Really?! I liked the name, kinda rolled off the tongue, SMOOTH, you might say Just thought it was easy to spell and meant what I wanted. Tnx.

Comment

• smooth
        • Sep 2007
        • 3.6.x

You should make the forum's width a bit bigger, try making it fit the banner.

Comment

• Forum4All.com
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.6.x

Is that the problem?

I asked that question in the other forum 'how do I?'. But no answer yet.

I have tried to resize that image, but on each page, FAQ, register, etc. it's a bit different each time. Only like 4 or 5 pixels. I want it to fit exact. Is my problem that I shrunk the forum too much? Also, what do you think of a narrower forum like that?

Comment

• Dean C
            • Mar 2002
            • 3.5.x

You're wasting your time. There's hundreds of general discussion forums like yours, and nothing makes me want to register on yours instead of theirs. Some of the biggest forums out there are general discussion so you have massive competition Good luck, but I doubt this'll go anywhere.
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Dean C
              You're wasting your time. There's hundreds of general discussion forums like yours....
              Like OffTopic
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Forum4All.com
                • Jan 2007
                • 3.6.x

Yeah I know

Yeah I know. But I didn't like any off them. Like off topic looks horrible in my opinion. Confusing too. So do most of the others. May not go anywhere, whatever. May as well not be a pessimist, and I'll see where it does go. No harm in trying, and I think it looks super clean and easy. Registering takes time too, and I haven't even put this up yet. But thanks for the comment.

Comment

• Dean C
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.5.x

Going to forum4all.com doesn't even take me to the right domain. You're hosting it on some unmemorable URL at the moment. Sorry to be so critical, but you really could put the domain to better use (if you even own it).

Comment

• Forum4All.com
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Wow.

Boy you are critical. Ha, I guess that's forums .
                    Like I said above if you read it, I haven't even put the site up at the domain yet. I will later when it's ready, but I am tinkering with it now. I do own the domain, and I think its quite memorable. What do you propose as better options for it. Forum4All pretty much means exactly what you will find when going there. Can't think of many other uses. I guess I could start a complaining forum, would you register there? You could be my moderator.

Comment

• Dean C
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Forum4All.com
                      Like I said above if you read it, I haven't even put the site up at the domain yet. I will later when it's ready, but I am tinkering with it now. I do own the domain, and I think its quite memorable. What do you propose as better options for it. Forum4All pretty much means exactly what you will find when going there. Can't think of many other uses. I guess I could start a complaining forum, would you register there? You could be my moderator.
                      Haha, complaining forum sounds like my cup of tea

The domain is good. It's easy to remember, and catchy. My problem is there are hundreds of competitors out there, with 1000s of members and your forum doesn't stand out for me. If i wanted to post on a general discussion board I wouldn't go to yours as I can have much more in-depth conversations with more active people over at offtopic.com or one of the many many others. The way I see it is you have no USP, and my constructive criticism is that you should think of an alternative use for the domain, or come up with a USP!

Comment

• Forum4All.com
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 3.6.x

I thought I did.

Well, points taken. Thank you.
                        While I do agree, starting large forums, if not any at all, are very difficult to build and create contributing member bases, I feel quite differently regarding some of your arguments. I personally dislike OffTopic and for that matter, most of the other general forums, because off their look, style and unorganized content. That means, there is probably a million other people exactly like me who also dislike them, and better yet, many millions more that have no clue such a thing even exists. Huge potential market.

Now, before we get ahead of ourselves taking about millions or even thousands, we have to talk about 1 person at a time. I will say I have created a few boards before and some caught, some not. I think my Forum4All board is clean, organized, and memorable to people who would otherwise have no clue. So I will use it, and I hope to slowly get others to use it. As people join up and post, it can slowly build out its own niche. I like that in one page, very quickly, I can find almost every topic imaginable and in the classic VBulletin format that so many people already know and love. It's not crazy and whacky so it's easy to figure out for newbs. So anyway, you should go register now so you can say you were one of the first. Cause it's going to grow and you'll see. And yes, at the domain Forum4All.com as soon as its ready.

Comment

• Dean C
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Well, i've made my points already Good luck!

Comment

• Forum4All.com
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 3.6.x

Thanks

Thanks, I'll look for your registration.
                            I'll get on that 'Negativity' sub-forum ASAP

Comment

• Quillz
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Forum4All.com
                              Never, ever offer free mod/staff positions to people who happen to register on your board early. Trust me, it's a terrible idea you'll later regret. When you board is new, you don't even need any moderators other than yourself. In fact, you probably wouldn't even need a single moderator until you hit at least a few thousand members and/or posts, whatever comes first.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...