X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpearl5
    • Jul 2001
    • 4.2.X

UBB Slowing down... and down..

I'm new to vBulletin and I'm on the verge of purchasing a liscense. I've already been convinced to get vBulletin, it's just a matter of getting everything together.

Now, I didn't want to post anything in UBB's forums. They'd probably delete it. Here's my question; Can someone explain to me why is UBB so freeken slow? I don't even have 500 members on my board and it's slow as sh*t ! Last month that cache file that UBB creates grew to over 60 megs~!!.. costing me money for going over my allocated space! What's up with that?? Is the database that screwy as to where the script just caves in on itself after a while?

I don't think I've ever seen a UBB forum over 5000 members, simply because the script can't handle it! vBulletin has truely impressed me with boards well over 20,000 members, and standard features not even close on UBB for $40 less!

Sorry, I'm mad at Infopop! Had to vent!

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
    Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites
  • Skeptical
    • Oct 2000

Ask ubb for tech support, not vb. Unless ubb's willing to pay vb for their time?

Make it easy on yourself, use vb.
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Folks, let's not let this turn into another UBB-bashing thread!
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nuno
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.8.x

here we go again
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...