X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • epoc fitness
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

Moderator code of conduct.

Does anyone have a code of conduct or rules for the moderators. What I want to do is prevent mods from carrying out their own personal agenda against members they don't like. Such as banning a member that they don't see eye to eye with. This way I can point to the rules and be like no that is not how things are done.
  • Asvin
    • Jul 2007

Why do you want us to tell you what to do? You have got your own ideas right? Just right them down dude. And then, send pm's to all your mods.. It's that simple!!!!!

Comment

• epoc fitness
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.6.x

Well first off I wasn't looking for a rude reply. I was more looking for what other admin are doing and what the best way to implement these are. Its my opinion that a professional forum is a successful forum.

I guess I was asking if maybe a mod forum rule where people have to click and agree or simple a thread would be the best way to go.

Comment

• DelphiVillage
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

well,

Remember the "end users" (normal users) are the "heart" of your forum you should be VERRY careful in choosing moderators.For example never give moderator rights to *anybody* who (repeatly) asks for it.I mean moderator status (on a forum that is not yours offcource) is something you have to earn.You could setup a forum with a poll like "user x moderator ?" based on that .....

personal feelings like hate , dislike etc should not infect people behavior while they are moderating.It's also a good idea you provide a contact email (or some other way to contact you) so members can get in touch with you when a moderator is abusing there rights.Before you take action investigate complaints (you never know the member(s) who complain is lieng)

and so on ...

Comment

• epoc fitness
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.6.x

Good advice I have two forums the one that is mostly females i think only 10 men is the one that is having problems.

Comment

• Asvin
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by epoc fitness
            Well first off I wasn't looking for a rude reply. I was more looking for what other admin are doing and what the best way to implement these are. Its my opinion that a professional forum is a successful forum.

I guess I was asking if maybe a mod forum rule where people have to click and agree or simple a thread would be the best way to go.
            Sorry man... Don't take it the wrong way... I misunderstood your post.

Comment

• epoc fitness
              • Nov 2006
              • 3.6.x

No problem I found a solution to it and I'll post it up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...