X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean C
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.x

GTA4 Delayed til mid 2008

Going to have to drown my sorrows in the bottom of a glass of whisky tonight I think
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

Ouch!
    That's the end of that!

Comment

• eUKhost.com
      • Aug 2007

oops
      Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
      Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• WurkAnimal
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Oh my..

Comment

• ---MAD---
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.8.x

Yeah read about that yesterday. It really ticked me off but then I thought, if it makes the game better, less bugs etc, I am all for it .

Comment

• WurkAnimal
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ---MAD---
            Yeah read about that yesterday. It really ticked me off but then I thought, if it makes the game better, less bugs etc, I am all for it .
            No it doesn't, lol.

Comment

• Asvin
              • Jul 2007

Wow... Cool graphics.. I don't care when it releases, it just have to rock!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

I have to wonder if this is because of the loss of income from Manhunt 2 being banned pretty much worldwide and then pulled from the market. Had to take a big dent out of the coffers that would go to development of other franchises.

If that isn't the case, then you have to wonder if they are changing the story line to prevent the same fiasco from happening again.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  I have to wonder if this is because of the loss of income from Manhunt 2 being banned pretty much worldwide and then pulled from the market. Had to take a big dent out of the coffers that would go to development of other franchises.

If that isn't the case, then you have to wonder if they are changing the story line to prevent the same fiasco from happening again.
                  I dont get this. Movies, violence is allowed. Games, its not?

The news about manhunt 2 really annoyed me. Its just a game for god sake and teenagers/adults know that so theres no reason to ban it. I mean how bad could it have been?

@Nashtax, and you know that because ....?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ---MAD---
                    I dont get this. Movies, violence is allowed. Games, its not?
                    I don't rate them and they are rated by different groups, in the United States at least.

I have never played any of Rockstar's games because the subject matter doesn't interest me so I cannot comment on the level of violence. In the U.S., Manhunt 2 wasn't banned but was given an AO rating. When a movie gets an NC-17 (the equivalent to AO), they spend two days and cut out a scene here and there to get the rating down to R (equivalent to Mature). I don't think that is possible with video games.

I know most movies go through a few rating runs before the producer and directory hit their target rating scale. No one wants to spend a 100 million dollars on a movie and get an NC-17 rating which would cause it to fail at the box office since most theaters do not show NC-17 movies. Just as a comparison here.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• feldon23
                      • Nov 2001
                      • 3.7.x

Apparently, torture is a core element of the game in Manhunt 2. Oh wait, torture is a core element of the TV series "24" and it's on broadcast TV. I do watch "24" because it's one hell of a roller-coaster ride of a show, even if some parts (cutting a guy with razor blades and then splashing peroxide on him, or burning Jack with a soldering iron until he has a heart attack) make me squeamish.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.8.x

I heard the X-box 360's development was near feature complete, but they where having problems with the PS3 development...
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Webnower
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.7.x

As unlikely as it may be, it'd be cool if they were using this time to make a Wii port; they've expressed interest in that platform before and GTA on the Wii would be great.

Comment

• Dean C
                            • Mar 2002
                            • 3.5.x

There's absolutely no chance it'll ever come to the wii imo.
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• ---MAD---
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              I don't rate them and they are rated by different groups, in the United States at least.

I have never played any of Rockstar's games because the subject matter doesn't interest me so I cannot comment on the level of violence. In the U.S., Manhunt 2 wasn't banned but was given an AO rating. When a movie gets an NC-17 (the equivalent to AO), they spend two days and cut out a scene here and there to get the rating down to R (equivalent to Mature). I don't think that is possible with video games.

I know most movies go through a few rating runs before the producer and directory hit their target rating scale. No one wants to spend a 100 million dollars on a movie and get an NC-17 rating which would cause it to fail at the box office since most theaters do not show NC-17 movies. Just as a comparison here.
                              Obviously you don't rate them :P. But I see what you mean. I am not sure why they thought putting torture (if that is the case) into the game would make it fun :S.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...