Integrations with Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Well if you don't want to spend much, take a look at vBadvanced or one other other FREE CMS "open source" programs out there, that have vBulletin intergration.

But I'd say right now - the best three are Vivvo, Subdreamer and vBadvanced right now. With vBadvanced being the only one of the three that is free. And if you think Subdreamer is expensive. Checkout the price of Vivvo 3.5.1 with vBulletin intergration.

$395 for the webmaster version, you might as well forget the cheaper Enterprise version because it doesn't come with extra plug-ins for just under $200. And don't even bother looking at the Developers version, it costs $999
    Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 2 Aug '07, 4:12pm.

Comment

• Elbarfo
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Chousho
      No need to swear at us! Haha.
      Pretty good idea for people looking for something specific. If I remember correctly, I think either Drupal or Joomla is supposed to work with VB.
      I have a vB integration with Joomla using the BBpixel integration scripts ($20/year..yes, just $20). It was tricky to get going but once I figured it out it seems to work really well. I had virtually NO experience with either Joomla or vB before I did it, if that says anything. BBpixel has pretty decent support (but nothing like vB's!) and they release an update within a day or so of an official vB release.

It's not without issues, but it was the only one I've tried that has actually worked reliably. Any of the free ones I tried either crapped out vB or hosed joomla....none worked.

This is a test bed (one day I may actually be ready to go live ), so it may or may not be good when you go there, but you can see it here: www.elbarfo.com

I also have an integration with Gallery2 running on the same Joomla framework, and it seems to play well with the joomla/vB integration too.

To be honest, I'm pretty proud of the site considering all the problems I had read about concerning integrating vB into any other CMS. Like I said, I had very little experience with either beforehand. It's a testament to how easy vB and Joomla is to manage that I almost feel like an expert in them both now.

Comment

• HenrikHansen
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

CMS: drupaltin
        http://www.theoverclocked.com/drupaltin
        And he is doing it without changing core vbulletin or drupal files.
        Drupal is such a beautiful CMS

Review system: GARS from the Geek should also be added here,
        because you can set the settings so it turns into a review system
        (GARS = Geek Article and Review System).
        Europanet.dk

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

Originally posted by HenrikHansen
          CMS: drupaltin
          http://www.theoverclocked.com/drupaltin
          And he is doing it without changing core vbulletin or drupal files.
          Drupal is such a beautiful CMS

Review system: GARS from the Geek should also be added here,
          because you can set the settings so it turns into a review system
          (GARS = Geek Article and Review System).
          How is drupaltin for SEO, I can't see nothing on there site which indicates the software create static URLS or META Robots Index/Follow rules, or adds a Sitemap for SEO etc. Does it come with any of this?

I've really been looking into all the CMS systems out there. And I'd have to say for SEO and features. The best two seem to be Vivvo and SubDreamer. With Vivvo having the edge for me. Because it comes with a built in spell checker and just seems much more flexible on the template system over SubDreamer.

I've yet to see a CMS Article News system so far that looks more promising than Vivvo. And with SEO being so important now. I would not touch a CMS system unless it used Mod Re-write to create search engine friendly static URL's
          Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 12 Aug '07, 1:14pm.

Comment

• Darren Lewis
            • Mar 2002
            • 3.6.x

Product Review: Censura

Comment

• Alfa1
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.8.x

SEO:
              vbSEO
              NuSEO

Chat:
              LiveResponse http://www.kayako.com/products.php
              Addonchat http://www.addonchat.com/

Customer support:

SupportSuite
              eSupport

I have created an overview of Profile enhancements here:
              Best profile enhancement (myspace type software) & Blog
              Originally posted by Alfa1
              Different boards will have different requirements for profile enhancements. Therefore I think it would be handy if we have one thread which lists all the possibilities. Paid and free. I have searched vb.com vb.org and several other places to find one list but could not find this.

So far I have found the following possibilities:

Zoints Local (free)
              About Me, My Discussions, My Links, Instant Chat, My Photos My Interests, My Communities, My Network, Quick Comments, Ratings, My Blog, RSS Feeds, Social Actions and many more. drag and drop, style sharing, friends, connects profiles to other websites trough the Zoints network and lets your members search these.

Myspace profile (free)
              although I couldn't get it to work properly it has css options, video, buddies, photopost/vba gallery intergration is possible, zodiac sign, vbjournal intergration, additional profile fields.

vS-Interactive Profiles (free)
              Myspace-Style "Friend Requests", user ratings and comments, zodiacs, friendster-style profile field highlights, custom xss-proof css, support for avatars, Zodiac Sign
              This is currently unsupported.

phpfox (paid)
              Guestbook, Friends & Favorites, Personal Details block, Recent Visitors, Blogs, Gallery, Groups list, Contact Panel, Report User, Member Details

E friends (paid)
              photo albums, member voting system, upload multimedia content, Write a testimonial, blog, articles, member rating system and much more.

vBlog (paid)
              Still to be released. A alpha version of the blog part has been released and is running on vbulletin.com. The profile enhancement & social networking part has to be coded. It's hard to say if it's going to be good or not. Upside is that it is not a third party add on. Downside is that it seems the blog seems pretty basic so far.

NuSpace (paid)
              Also unreleased. Not much can be said on this. For features see here

phpRaven (paid)
              Unreleased. For features see here.

vbClubs
              Unreleased. For features see here.

I am not certain if vbspace is still available. I understand that the vbspace thread has gone down due to flaming. Please keep this thread clean.

Blog programs:

vbdiary & vbblog (free)
              This is not Jelsofts vblog, but a free add-on. Interesting hack, but has a major error in it that needs to be fixed.

vBlogetin (paid)
              A very nice and extensive blog written for vbulletin. Definitely worth looking into.

Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge
              (free)
              A bridge for Wordpress that shares vbulletin members with wordpress members.

If you have others to add to this list, please post here. If you have experience with any of these programs please list the pro's and con's
              Thanks for creating this thread Stryka. It was needed. I think that it has not got the response it deserves, because it is generally overlooked.

[[[Alfa subscribes to this thread.]]]

Mods, please make this a sticky. The availability of paid addons to vbulletin is a reason for your customers to buy vBulletin.
              Last edited by Alfa1; Mon 17 Sep '07, 5:50am.
              I buy 420 forums

Comment

• MicroHellas
                • Sep 2006
                • 3.6.x

MadeByMary

vbMySpace
                (Clubs with Forums, Blogs, Articles, Classifieds with PayPal payments, Meet Me clone, Galleries, Videos, Evens with registrations and PayPal payments, eCards, Donations)
                vbClubs
                Lite version of vbMySpace. Only Admin can create clubs and users can join to clubs. Without Classifieds and Meet me.
                vbPhotoVote : Photo Rating
                vbArticles : User Articles
                vbNews : News Publishing
                vbMates, vbPals : Dating
                vbDigiShop : Downloadable products cart (PayPal & 2CO payments)
                vbDonator : PayPal (IPN) Donations with very nice design

....by me

Comment

• chrispadfield
                  • Aug 2000

DeskPRO Integrates quite nicely with vb, shared sessions/users etc.

Christopher Padfield
                  Web Based Helpdesk
                  DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Alfa1
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                    DeskPRO Integrates quite nicely with vb, shared sessions/users etc.

http://deskpro.com/deskpro/features/.../vbulletin.php
                    Many thanks for that one. I'll compare that one to Kayoko supporSuite. If this is comparable then you have just saved me a bunch of money.
                    I buy 420 forums

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

DeskPRO, in my opinion, will offer a lot more than it first appears
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• MicroHellas
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Alfa1
                        Many thanks for that one. I'll compare that one to Kayoko supporSuite. If this is comparable then you have just saved me a bunch of money.
                        Having none connection with both companies, I can say that Kayako has just the name (and better marketing). Finally, what you pay is what you're getting. I've 2 licenses of Kayako, using none of them. I tried DeskPro just for their trial. I believe that is better.

Comment

• sbrutsch
                          • May 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Bema Jinn
                          Yeah, but the version with forum integration is $100/£50. That's more expensive than a leased license =/

It'd be cheaper to hire someone to write a bridge for you to a free CMS.
                          It's the same with vBulletin. You get a better support if you buy the software. So 99$ are not so expensive if you need support.

Comment

• Deriel
                            • May 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by stryka
                            123FlashChat seems a very nice product. I'm testing it with vB and Joomla. Fast, lightweight and my users love it But somewhat expensive.

Comment

• sunnycher
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.6.x

ParaChat is sweet. It's $499.00 though!
                              Cher

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                                • Jun 2002

Originally posted by sunnycher
                                ParaChat is sweet. It's $499.00 though!
                                Look at Realchat instead. More value for the buck.
                                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...