Can anyone let me borrow some PHP4/MySQL4 webspace?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • welo
    • Sep 2003
    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Can anyone let me borrow some PHP4/MySQL4 webspace?

Hoping someone can help. Several months ago I moved to a new dedicated box and equipped it with PHP5/MySQL5. Apparently I jumped the gun on that because one of my clients' shopping cart is not PHP5/MySQL5 friendly. I threw in a patch to keep it working but this busted the entire upgrade process.

Latest versions of the script purportedly do work with P/M5, but I am unable to upgrade to this version. And my backup plan of dumping all the data, doing a fresh install then upgrading won't work because the installer chokes. I don't have a local Linux box setup right now or I would attempt it that way.

So if anyone has several hundred megs of P/M4 space with SSH access to loan or sell me for a couple of days I'd appreciate it. Even a subdomain will work long as it's an actual server account (/home/testcart). I don't know what else to do.
    "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
    It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)
  • dkon26
    • Jul 2007
    • 3.7.x

Are you planning on doing anything that is server intensive? I may be able to help but you need to assure me you will be doing nothing illegal or resource intensive..

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You can find PHP4/MySQL4 shared hosting for about 4 or 5 bucks a month.

Heck, you can install Apache, PHP4 and MySQL on any OS, doesn't have to be linux.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• welo
        • Sep 2003
        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You can find PHP4/MySQL4 shared hosting for about 4 or 5 bucks a month.
        Yeah, but they want you to signup for six months and rarely offer SSH.

Anyway, disregard. I went to the rehearsal room and nabbed my music computer so it's about to become a Linux box. Thanks dkon for offering.

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

No, I'm with http://www.asmallorange.com

And they don't make you sign for 6 months and they also give you SSH access also

Comment

• welo
            • Sep 2003
            • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Thanks man. Will bookmark that one. I haven't bought a hosting plan in years so tough to know what's out there nowadays. I don't have time to look, I know that.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

welo, if you need some, PM me. However we've ported over to MySQL 5 though.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• welo
                • Sep 2003
                • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Thanks Josh. That's the same boat I'm already in though. If I can just get this script to a version where a MySQL5 upgrade will work I'll be okay. What Wayne suggested just won't fly in this case because there are too many script controlled chmods etc. It has to be a Linux machine. I can't just install Apache on Win and expect it all to work the same when I move it.

Comment

• dkon26
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 3.7.x

I told you I would give you what you needed. I can assign you an IP or you can direct a domain to my nameserver.

I have no problem with setting you up a temp account. Let me know.

Comment

• dkon26
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 3.7.x

FYI:

Mysql: 4.1.20

PHP: 4.3.9

Apache v2.0.52

O/S: CentOS 4 Enterprise

Let me know if that would work for you.

Comment

• welo
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by dkon26
                      I told you I would give you what you needed. I can assign you an IP or you can direct a domain to my nameserver.

I have no problem with setting you up a temp account. Let me know.
                      I really appreciate the offer. If what I'm attempting with the local box hits a snag I'll take you up on that. I just found it a little curious about all those legal reassurances etc. you wanted. Valid concerns, to be sure, although considering I'd be temporarily trusting you with 65Mb of my client's shopping cart data... .

Thanks again.

Comment

• dkon26
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 3.7.x

I wouldnt do anything. Just wanted to help you out and make sure you were legit. Valid concerns but I dont mind helping. The offer is there if you need it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...