This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

And not suited for this web site or this thread .. please stay on topic please.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.5.x

I can see another thread getting locked..

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.8.x

I really dont see the big concern here?

So there was a acquision, this happen's so very often with companies.
        Are you all missing the plus side of this?

No development changes are being made, so i don't see what everyone would be concerned about...
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

California has some data protection laws in place that companies and organizations like myself have to uphold. I'm not familar with all of them, however one key example was legislation enacted a few years ago in regards to breaches in data.

By law, all entities, whether be universities, schools, corporations, etc. are required by law to notify all people who submit in personal information that their information has been compromised. We're further required to detail what information has been possibly compromised.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• ---MAD---
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.8.x

We have already been told the data will be kept safe and will not be given out without our permission etc so move away from that problem now.

I would love to hear more information on developement of vBulletin itself and what (if any) plugins Jelsoft will start developing in the near feature after the Blog is released? And how IB will help to improve this etc.

After all, this thread is about Jelsoft's future (which atm is just vBulletin).

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Jesus, I missed this one. Just read most of the replies and like others here, I'll add my 2 cents worth.

I'd be surprised if things don't change now, when another company takes over things always change, I think that's inevitable.

I also think there are two ways you can look at this, we might now see more add-ons coming out faster like a CMS, Gallery Wiki etc. Because I think vBulletin have struggled to bring other products out so far, until recently. And hopefully that will change now.

One thing I hope doesn't change though is the forums here, not sure if there going to now appoint there own staff to run along the staff already here to manage these forums, if they do I just hope they don't go all serious on us and the atmosphere that keeps members coming back here remains the same.

I've read a few posts were people have touched on the subject of IB possibly just buying vB as an Investment to sell on. I can't comment on that because I know nothing about IB like other here, but if there past track record does show they buy and sell more company's than they keep. Well that just might be the case unfortunately. I hope that isn't the case!
              Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 5 Jul '07, 6:07pm.

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                California has some data protection laws in place that companies and organizations like myself have to uphold. I'm not familar with all of them, however one key example was legislation enacted a few years ago in regards to breaches in data.

By law, all entities, whether be universities, schools, corporations, etc. are required by law to notify all people who submit in personal information that their information has been compromised. We're further required to detail what information has been possibly compromised.
                vBulletin is a UK company, the laws in the USA are not the same as the laws in the UK.

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                  You quoted the wrong post
                  Sorry.

Comment

• joeychgo
                    • Mar 2004

Folks --

This is a done deal... So making assumptions and arguing about it will serve no purpose.

What will, is asking questions.

I'm sure that many of the possible questions dont have specific answers yet. But keep things on a positive note. Let your concerns be known and as questions designed to solicit answers that may help you understand.

Aquisitions happen every day. Its a part of life.

Personally, I would love to hear some of the plans for vB that are coming from this aquisition... Things like pricing, add ons, vB 4.0, etc. Where is vB going to go now? What are the new owner's thoughts?
                    Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                    Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

• Milado
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.8.x

So guys, they didn't mention the price, let's estimate, I think jelesoft worths about ten millions dollars.
                      Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• Chousho
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Milado
                        So guys, they didn't mention the price, let's estimate, I think jelesoft worths about ten millions dollars.
                        I think that might even be a low estimate.

Comment

• someuser190826
                          • Oct 2002
                          • 4.0.x

Guys, check out the iB office http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=k&z=19&om=1
                          I don't see any junk yards around and seems like an organized area, lol.
                          Also, nothing to worry about with Mr. Governator in office
                          Originally posted by Joe
                          Congrats guys!

I remember the day that vB went live, I quickly went from UBB to vB, v 1.11a (anyone else remember that version? ). I have been a HUGE vBulletin fan ever sense.

Internet Brands aqquired my forum, BikeForums.net earlier this year. I did a lot of research on them before signing my site over, they are a great company, smart leardership and really understand what community means.

I think this is a great development for both vB and IB.
                          Great to hear Joe! Hoping its not the boat load of $$$ talking Just kidding, nice forums too! Your comments are great to hear and I think many people skipped over it -- this, from a previous acquiree, really projects more of warm picture of IB.

Originally posted by Martin
                          The combination of great software, superior support and the rapport we have developed over the years with our customers, not to mention the great community at vB.org, are likely the chief reasons that Internet Brands chose to make an offer in the first place. ...
                          There is your answer for whoever was wondering if IB approached vB or if vB approached IB.
                          Originally posted by Milado
                          Maybe some of our business students or individuals with experience in business valuation could give us a heads up. I, myself, would estimate a bit more than that!

Comment

• Greps
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 3.6.x

time to sell my vB license and get IPS community suite instead. no matter how much they try to prove otherwise, nothing but bad will come from acquisition.

Comment

• Removed-836727
                              Banned by User Request
                              • Apr 2006

how much do you want for your license?

Comment

• Dream
                                • Mar 2001
                                • 3.6.x

Greps always being Mr. Sunshine
                                Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...