X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TruthElixirX
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
    How will our personal information be shared with IB and in what ways will that information be used?
    This is my biggest concern as well.

Comment

• greggish99
      • Dec 2001

For those interested in a quick profile and executives at Internet Brands, Inc...

Internet Brands, Inc. is actually a subsidiary of IdeaLab...

Speed up sales prospecting with the rich audience targeting capabilities of D&B Hoovers so you can spend more sales time closing.

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

I'm interested in hearing the selling price as well
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• simsim
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Milado
          I think IB have to acquire vBAdvanced too, then vBulletin will have more two official ad-ons, also they may acquire PhotoPost vBgallery, or even the vb geek ad-ons.
          This is irrelevant, Milad. The acquisition wasn't about bringing in new products, as James has stated that they (at Jelsoft) own the software development expertise. Even though acquiring vBAdvanced won't be feasible because CMPS is a free product & will continue to be free. This left off the vBA's Links & Blogetics. The former isn't that demandable, & Jelsoft is already developing a blog add-on at the moment so Blogetics won't be considered.

I think that vBulletin architecture that was built into the software already aims at allowing other people to develop fully-fledged add-ons for it, which means it's in Jelsoft's favor to encouraging it not vice versa.

I'm predicting that Jelsoft, & according to IB's range of services, will enter into markets of providing solutions to Real Estate, Cars Dealers & grand-level eCommerce products. There's much excitement in the words of James in the original announcement that can trigger optimistic hunches.

Let us hope for the best times of Jelsoft.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by XUG
            Lots of postings have been erased since my last visit a few hours ago, I believe there were about 8 pages at that time
            Nothing has been deleted out of this thread.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
              • Apr 2001

I'm excited to see what will change and so forth.

Challenge and Change

using vBulletin since April 2001...wow....

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by nwingate
                Lets see... my largest competition (www.doityourself.com) now owns the very software I use to run my sites.
                I seen the three and yours is still easier to navigate though. You just have one issue and that is just spacer_open on showthreads pages.

Comment

• Mac Write
                  • Oct 2001
                  • 4.2.x

Jelsoft err Internet Branding is going to have to work there ass off to get me to buy anything from Jelsoft. Major concerns of mine are:
                  • How will our private data obtained by Jelsoft be handled?
                  • The $160 for vBulletin is the absolute max I will pay
                  • I refuse to pay for any major version upgrade in addition to the annual members area access
                  • I refuse to pay anymore the the $30/yr members area fee
                  • I will pay for add-ons that are developed to enhance vBulletin
                  • I will drop vBulletin like a rock if they encrypte any part of the php files and importers avaliable for view at present
                  • I will drop vBulletin like a rock if more calling home features are put in the code and or code that collects data on my forum

The $160 price point is the sweet spot. With money being invested into marketing, the increase in sites using vBulletin and the add-ons will rise off-setting and yielding greater profits then if the prices were raised and less people bought vBulletin and the add-ons. If 100.000 people who didn't use vBulletin bought it thanks to the new marketing at $160, that is $16M in revenue, now raise the price (as allot of people say do since it's worth more) to $200, but only 20,000 people buy it thanks to the new marketing that is only a $4M. By keeping all the prices the same, developing add-ons tying into vBullein that will yield far greater revenue as more people will be able to afford vbulletin. At $50 per add-on+$20/yr members area access, that's a nice revenue stream is on average each board has 1 add-on. That means Jelsoft has effectivally increased the annual fee by 66% from $30-$50 without raising the annual fee at all. Also with the average person having one add-on that is $210 per license. Again a price increase of 31% without having raised the price.

Think about that.

Comment

• Omri.L
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3.5.x

Good luck for your new parternship! I hope it would help you far more than damage your development cycles. If the original vB team will stay as is, I won't be worried for a bit... It really felt like you need something refreshing to continue your expandings. Does the old owner still own any part of the core?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 1.1.x

I think I read enough and will go back to help answering threads.

I agree with Mac Write, that addons are what makes money in any product. I do not want to see any increase for yearly upgrades. I do hope they hire more staff for both Countries.

Just a bad thought, will we have to purchase the script again? I dought the name will stay the same or it may, but just wondering cause I heard this happening before.
                      Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Wed 4 Jul '07, 11:39pm. Reason: Crossed my mined..

Comment

• Ken Iovino
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 3.7.x

It is said that when Internet Brands purchased DoItYourself.com they screwed a lot of people over and caused a revolt among their moderators.

I hope the same don't happen here.
                        Ken Iovino
                        Full Time PHP, Ruby and iOS Developer

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                          I seen the three and yours is still easier to navigate though. You just have one issue and that is just spacer_open on showthreads pages.
                          I highly doubt that, or they'd probably have a class action lawsuit on their hands.

Comment

• choppers4life
                            • Aug 2004
                            • 3.6.x

I bought 3 IPB licenses for my forums because of this. Just incase.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
                              I highly doubt that, or they'd probably have a class action lawsuit on their hands.
                              You quoted the wrong post

Comment

• Removed-836727
                                Banned by User Request
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by choppers4life
                                I bought 3 IPB licenses for my forums because of this. Just incase.
                                lol
                                and if ipb is gonna bought by someone
                                what then?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...