Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr T
    • Jul 2000

UBB vs. VB?

So anyone here try both of these pretty extensively? I'm thinking of moving over to VB and from what I saw is pretty cool and runs super fast with PHP, but there just aren't as many hacks available for it, and when UBB is all hacked up, it really is IMO a better forum with a whole slew of features on it.
  • thetakerfan
    • Jun 2000

1-yes, most people here used to use UBB, many were well known UBB hackers, and have come here because it is a better script
    2-there aren't as many hacks for two reasons. Its a much newer script, and alot of the UBB hacks are a regular feature with this board

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Apr 2000
      • 3.6.x

1. Look at all the UHC mod people here.
      2. There are a few hacks missing, yes. But, I ask you, how many hacks were there for UBB version 2? Or 5.10 for that matter! (And I'm not referring to freeware 5.10, as that kinda got its official start from UBBCHH and Me )
      3. The hacks that are available are generally superior (they use MySQL. duh! and some are just more featured *points to his claim to fame, the PM hack*)

What hacks in particular are you referring to?

Oh, and tell me, how many (very requested) hacks has Infopop incorporated? Not too many.

Comment

• thetakerfan
        • Jun 2000

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
        Oh, and tell me, how many (very requested) hacks has Infopop incorporated? Not too many.
        My guess would be somewhere along the lines of 0

Comment

• Martin
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.5.x

what *good* UBB hacks are we missing?
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

• JimF
            • May 2000

I looked at this from the opposite point of view - I saw this board and liked it BECAUSE I wouldn't have to hack it. 90% of the features I hacked into my UBB came standard on this board. The only thing I haven't installed yet that I did have was the Private Messaging hack. The only reason I haven't done that yet was because I heard it was going to be part of an official release. That's a dman good reason not to install a hack, IMO.

Comment

• Martin
              • Apr 2000
              • 3.5.x

well, I'm hoping john will add the following as togleable hacks:
              [*]Avatar[*]PM[*]Polls[*]Custom Title

I'm sure others have ones they'd like to see added, but those are the 4 I see having the broadest appeal.
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...