So who bought an iPhone?! Or planning to?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill2003
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by bmc
    I waited in line since 8 AM yesterday morning and was #3 in line at my local AT&T Store. I got my iPhone, and we initially had some trouble with activating the service through AT&T on iTunes which was extremely frustrating, but we got it all resolved and my iPhone was activated very quickly (faster than some of the other people who are currently experiencing trouble).

As far as first impressions are, I just could not stop grinning because what I've seen online and on TV since January is now finally in my hands, and my own now. It is just ... there isn't really a word to describe how awesome it is (awesome is the closest word I can find for this iPhone). I haven't tried out all of the features, and am still playing around with it a lot, but I love what I have played around with so far (especially Google Maps).

I've got a case coming for it soon.

It's just such an unbelievable phone. If you're considering getting one, you should really stop by a store to check it out before you buy it, but once you start using it you'll most definitely begin to like it for its user-friendliness and its sheer sexiness that Apple so beautifully pulls off, and has done excellently with this iPhone.

Here's a picture of me and my sexy iPhone:
    Just out of interest, Have you tried to phone anybody yet? because as far as I am aware the primary function of a phone is to phone people up, If not it is just another PDA and a rather limited one at that...

Comment

• Onimua
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Floris
      http://digg.com/videos_comedy/David_...ew_iPhone_Nano $1100 (up to 1 call, and also a breathmint)
      Ha! Very nice.
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• MJM
        • Dec 2001

Now that I know the iPhone includes a built in camera, the Nano version could be handy for tracking internal disorders, or possibly used as a bug tracker in Project Tools?
        Seriously, I'm very impressed and looking forward to looking back in a couple years and seeing how this technology has progressed.
        Mark

Comment

• Sergio68
          • May 2002
          • 6.0.X

I can't wait for an UMTS one (Italy)
          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• bmc
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by phill2003
            Just out of interest, Have you tried to phone anybody yet? because as far as I am aware the primary function of a phone is to phone people up, If not it is just another PDA and a rather limited one at that...
            Of course I have called people using the built-in phone it has, as well as tested the features it displays to you while calling and talking to someone (or more than one person), and I have also tested the Visual Voicemail feature it has, and they all work wonderfully.
            The Relationship Forum
            The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• Vile
              • Jul 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by subduck
              All those systems you listed were sold out. I walked into an Apple store at night during launch and picked up an iPhone from one of the most popular stores without a problem.

Same can not be said about the PS2, PS3, or 360.
              You are incorrect. Not all of these systems were sold out, at least not in my area.
              Many people had to wait in line for these consoles (and many here had to wait in line for an iPhone) but others were able to get them without any problems, depends on the person, depends on the place, and there were also smaller places that still had consoles left on launch day. This is indeed the same situation.
              Last edited by Vile; Mon 2 Jul '07, 11:10pm.
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Quillz
                • Nov 2004
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Dream
                It's the same thing, is it not? Wonder why they dumped iBook, such a good name.
                Actually, the MacBook is better. It's faster (thanks to the Core 2 Duo), has more memory, more storage and uses Intel processors instead of PowerPC.

As for the name change, it's because "Mac/Macintosh" is a far more recognizable brand name than ix. Besides, now all the Apple computers have a consistent "Mac" in their name (iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro.)
                Forums

Comment

• amitts
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 3.6.x

I heard that ring tones cannot be added/changed. Is this correct?

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

At this point yes, but don't worry .. you will soon

Comment

• Jah-Hools
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Video conferencing!

Comment

• Jah-Hools
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Apparently the IPhone wont play Flash files, and thats not good for the banner ads on the forum I run.

I am about to ask all advertisers to send me .gif and .jpg 'alternate' banners to run for folks using IPhones to viewing the forum.

I hope the AdvertPro software can detect the lack of Flash players on IPhones and can deliver the .gif or .jpg banners.

I will buy an IPhone post Mac Expo Jan 2008..
                        Last edited by Jah-Hools; Wed 15 Aug '07, 11:42am.

Comment

• edwardtilbury
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 3.6.x

It SUCKS

Could have been a lot better..

THE BAD..

1.CAN'T CHANGE RINGTONES! (someone should be fired) You only have like 15 lame ring tones to choose from, and only 3 are any good. The rest suck..

2.Can't play pod casts that are downloaded on the phone! (large pod casts dont work, only if you sync them, cannot download in realtime, there is NO reason why this should happen)

3.Cannot save mp3's from browser...

4.Brags about OSX yet there are Zero OSX applications for it.. I doubt they will let users sync them to their iphones.

5.NO FLASH.. Flash run's on my iMac 233 mhz, why not my 600mhz iphone?!?

6.Worst customer service ever by ATT and APPLE, I called apple, they had no idea about the basic features of iphone and itunes. Don't even know their own products. ATT experience would take another page. ( I also waited 1st in line and guess what? they just happen to find out they won't have any in stock after 4 hours!) I can elaborate on how horrible ATT/Apple is if needed.

7.Cannot play files by browsing the file structure.. you better put everything in playlists. This is a simple feature most MP3 players have, like my $99 samsung.

8.iTunes is a piece of work.. Dosen't detect or launch half the time. I'm running Vista and everything else works pretty good.

9. CAMERA phone.. has ZERO features! No zoom, nothing.. No motion video capture..

10. Cannot record AUDIO! I guess I'll be taking my little $99 samsung mp3 to class since the $599 iphone cannot record audio. Oh wait , but I phone runs OSX so can't someone just make a record program, and use a USB mike or something? NO, because apple most likely wont allow us to run our own OSX programs.

11. Select your wallpaper, even though you'll rarely see it, unless you put your phone on lock. Get used to a black background.

12. The price, %55 markup, when most stuff is only 15% in the same industry.

13. NO GPS!!! Google maps is a joke.. $600 and they can't put a gps in it.. What a crock... This thing has more processor power and resources than car navigation and it totally sucks, unless you like pulling over to the side of the road and trying to google names of places or intersections... Oh, and you better have good memory when copying the addresses and zip codes because guess what? ....

14. NO CUT AND PASTE

The good.

1. screen is awesome.. I love to point around.

2. it looks cool

3. iPod function is very good, besides the basic features mentioned before.

4. it's very useful as a browser

Comment

• Loco.M
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3.5.x

The iPhone is nice but I'll wait for the 2.0 version. I'm getting a sidekick v3 this month Can't wait, it's my first cell phone. I'm almost 30 years old, I held out as long as I could..lol
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Fusion
                              • Aug 2001
                              • 3.8.x

I'll rather get the HTC S730 when it's due out. The iPhone looks like a hack job and the reviews back it up.
                              Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Sierra Oscar
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 3.6.x

It is not out here In Ireland yet - not until Christmas anyway. If the contract deal is decent then I will seriously consider getting one...but so far there is no information on the contract.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...