So who bought an iPhone?! Or planning to?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dilly
    • Mar 2005

Congratulations on one of the rambling-est posts i've ever read. ;-)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

I like how people are trying to capitalize on an iPhone shortage that doesn't exist. iphones on eBay for $1000 when you can get it for less at the store. Here is a news story about that:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/...d=1.1.1&sflg=1
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MJM
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Dilly
        Congratulations on one of the rambling-est posts i've ever read. ;-)
        Still waiting for the first to reply to this thread via an iPhone.

I'm still debating whether to even get a cell phone.
        I managed without a phone for years till I needed to get a hookup for this computer.
        Mark

Comment

• Radon3k
          • Nov 2001

I'm posting this from my iPhone. This is a very cool phone and it was definitely worth the price. I'll post more when I get home.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Radon3k
            I'm posting this from my iPhone. This is a very cool phone and it was definitely worth the price. I'll post more when I get home.
            *Picture!*! plz

Comment

• MJM
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Radon3k
              I'm posting this from my iPhone.
              Cool! And congrats on being possibly the first to post here via an iPhone!

Originally posted by Floris
              *Picture!*! plz
              How long till they come equiped with a built in camera?
              Mark

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MJM
                How long till they come equiped with a built in camera?
                They already have a 2 megapixel camera built-in.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vinz
                  • Jun 2007

iphone sounds interesting..new gadget for todays era...hope i have this soon...

Comment

• someuser190826
                    • Oct 2002
                    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    I like how people are trying to capitalize on an iPhone shortage that doesn't exist. iphones on eBay for $1000 when you can get it for less at the store. Here is a news story about that:

hahahahahahahah!!!

Comment

• Radon3k
                      • Nov 2001

Now that I'm home I thought I might share some of my thoughts regarding the iPhone.

First, I must congratulate Apple on doing a fine job of keeping their stores stocked. I got mine yesterday afternoon, not on opening day. When I went to the store I called ahead of time to make sure they were going to have them in stock. They had plenty. When I walked into the store, I asked an employee where to find them and another employee got it for me, I paid and I left. I was in the store maybe 5 minutes. The store was pretty busy too.

When I got home it did take me a little while to activate the phone. I am an existing AT&T customer so I was able to select the option of just changing my phone but for some reason it took the system a while to activate the phone. This very well could have been due to the number of people trying to activate their phones. However it did get activated.

As soon as it was activated iTunes synced everything together and I was ready to start using my iPhone.

The interface, as most people have said, is very intuitive. It's very simple to use. Just touch what you want to do, and it does it.

The phone part of it is very clear when you're talking to someone and I actually get better reception with my iPhone than my old phone (it's a newer Nokia model, I forget the model number at the moment). One of the features I like (which I'm not sure if this can be done on other phones or not) is that you can place a call on hold, scroll through your contacts, make a separate call (not a conference call, a complete separate call while the original call is on hold) and when you're done, simply click back over to your original call.

I haven't had a chance to mess with the Mail application just yet since I'm still having difficulties setting up my Gmail account.

Safari works well and you can even have tabs. Web pages display just as they would on a normal computer, only smaller. You can double tap the screen to zoom in to the area you want to look closer at. You can also flip the iPhone to landscape mode and it will instantly switch into landscape mode. In fact, the screen adjusts itself quicker than the Verizon XV6700 or the Cinuglar (AT&T) 8525.

The iPod part is simple and straightfoward, just like a normal iPod. Coverflow is a neat feature but it's not one that I see myself using too much.

Typing on the iPhone is fairly simple. The auto-correction tool built into the phone is great at catching your mistakes and fixing them for you. When in landscape mode in Safari the keyboard will also go to landscape mode and the keys become bigger and thus making it easier to type on though it's not hard by any means to type on the keyboard in portrait mode.

One thing I do not like about the iPhone thus far is the headphone jack. It is a specially made jack that only works (that I've found so far) with the headphones that came with it. I tried out the headphones while making a phone call and it is very clear and easy to understand what the other person is saying. I thought I would try hooking my iPhone up to my car and the jack did not work.

All in all I love this device so far and it was definitely worth the money. If you have any questions about the iPhone feel free to ask them and I will answer them. I'm still playing around with it and learning about it.
                      Last edited by Radon3k; Sun 1 Jul '07, 7:30pm.

Comment

• Vile
                        • Jul 2002
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

Nothing new...Same thing happened with the PS2, PS3, X-Box 360, etc.
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

• subduck
                          • Sep 2002
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Vile
                          Nothing new...Same thing happened with the PS2, PS3, X-Box 360, etc.
                          All those systems you listed were sold out. I walked into an Apple store at night during launch and picked up an iPhone from one of the most popular stores without a problem.

Same can not be said about the PS2, PS3, or 360.
                          Last edited by subduck; Sun 1 Jul '07, 11:02pm.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.5.x

lol thats awesome.

I don't know why people are selling the on ebay.co.uk, no cards can work phone.

Funny. lol.

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

http://digg.com/videos_comedy/David_...ew_iPhone_Nano $1100 (up to 1 call, and also a breathmint)

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
                                http://digg.com/videos_comedy/David_...ew_iPhone_Nano $1100 (up to 1 call, and also a breathmint)
                                what the!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...