How would you reply if someone told you they where bi-polar??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

I cannot sleep once again!!
    Not because i don't want to, but because i just can't, i am simply not tired..

You see since the age of 20, i was diagnosed as being mixed Bi-polar II-Bi-polar V..
    I was also born with two holes in my heart, one that was fixed recently, but i was told not to expect it to affect my quality of life, it was only fixed to stop me from having strokes...
    • I go days without sleeping.
    • I usually end up crashing, and sleeping for about 9 hours after being up for 4-7 days straight.
    • I have an estimated IQ of 205..
    • I sometimes take on too much work then i should, and then i regret it many days later...
    Please dont reply to this thread with i am sorry you have to live this way Joe, i am not asking for sympathy.
    However, i did not ask to have too live this way...

I am just asking for feedback.

Should i tell my close friends i am bi-polar, only close family, and my girlfriend know that i am...

I guess some people label bi-polar people, and just shove them into the DSM..
    It is really unfortunate, because 90% of people live with some form of this type of illness, 40% are diagnosed, the other 50% can somehow live with the symptoms..

I however can't, i had a few job interviews with a few major companies this past week, and i couldn't even handle the interviews due to stress.

I guess the only companies that really understand me, and know about this that i work for, are Microsoft and Research In Motion...

I just guess i am stuck working online for the rest of my life, even though i would much rather be out in the work force..

Working online is great for a while, but it has its up's and down's...
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

• rasp187
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.7.x

The highest IQ score recorded for an adult male was Bobby Fisher who scored a 187. I don't see you having a 205 IQ, sorry.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by rasp187
      The highest IQ score recorded for an adult male was Bobby Fisher who scored a 187. I don't see you having a 205 IQ, sorry.
      I believe its 228...
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• rasp187
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
        I believe its 228...
        Yeah, right. Sorry for being frank, but I honestly can't believe you have an IQ of 200+ with a grammatically incorrect post. Perhaps if I had heard of you before, or some type of goals you've attained to help mankind, then I could semi-believe you, but sorry, telling me you have an IQ that high on a vBulletin forum makes me think you're also suffering from delusions.

Comment

• rasp187
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.7.x

Also, IQ test results are distributed with a standard deviation of 15, so 228 is highly unlikely.

The chances that anyone on Earth has an IQ of 228 is about 1 in 1,600,000,000 -- that's over 100 times less likely than a single lottery ticket matching all 6 numbers.

I'm sure you do, though.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Try working from Internet Cafe's and see if you can cope with all the people around you.

Your IQ exceeds even Steven Hawking's or is very close to it. I am surprize you do not apply for N.A.S.A. or Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), cause they tend to overlook that if you are in control of yourself.

IQ is not base on what others know, it is base on what other do not know.

Comment

• JakeS
              • Jul 2005

I would say "what's that?"

But I'm not "bi-Polar" and I was awake pretty much all week & go some sleep Saturday morning till 8pm then well I'm still here aye?

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                Try working from Internet Cafe's and see if you can cope with all the people around you.

Your IQ exceeds even Steven Hawking's or is very close to it. I am surprize you do not apply for N.A.S.A. or Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), cause they tend to overlook that if you are in control of yourself.

IQ is not base on what others know, it is base on what other do not know.
                Thanks, i have applied to CSIS, they want me to relocate, and i simply cannot do that...
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                  I cannot sleep once again!!
                  Not because i don't want to, but because i just can't, i am simply not tired..

You see since the age of 20, i was diagnosed as being mixed Bi-polar II-Bi-polar V..
                  I was also born with two holes in my heart, one that was fixed recently, but i was told not to expect it to affect my quality of life, it was only fixed to stop me from having strokes...
                  • I go days without sleeping.
                  • I usually end up crashing, and sleeping for about 9 hours after being up for 4-7 days straight.
                  • I have an estimated IQ of 205..
                  • I sometimes take on too much work then i should, and then i regret it many days later...
                  Please dont reply to this thread with i am sorry you have to live this way Joe, i am not asking for sympathy.
                  However, i did not ask to have too live this way...

I am just asking for feedback.

Should i tell my close friends i am bi-polar, only close family, and my girlfriend know that i am...

I guess some people label bi-polar people, and just shove them into the DSM..
                  It is really unfortunate, because 90% of people live with some form of this type of illness, 40% are diagnosed, the other 50% can somehow live with the symptoms..

I however can't, i had a few job interviews with a few major companies this past week, and i couldn't even handle the interviews due to stress.

I guess the only companies that really understand me, and know about this that i work for, are Microsoft and Research In Motion...

I just guess i am stuck working online for the rest of my life, even though i would much rather be out in the work force..

Working online is great for a while, but it has its up's and down's...
                  I have a friend thats bi-polar. *shrug*. Knowing you are doesn't really change anything if they're already you're friends. Now if you suddenly became bipolar, that might be a different situation.

Yeah, right. Sorry for being frank, but I honestly can't believe you have an IQ of 200+ with a grammatically incorrect post. Perhaps if I had heard of you before, or some type of goals you've attained to help mankind, then I could semi-believe you, but sorry, telling me you have an IQ that high on a vBulletin forum makes me think you're also suffering from delusions.
                  While I to have my doubts, and am very cautious of believing anyone ever, it is plausible.

Comment

• JakeS
                    • Jul 2005

Just spotted this post... Just because of the way someone type's can't give you their IQ My guess is my IQ is 0.. but the way I type you wouldn't be leave it .

Comment

• rasp187
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 3.7.x

There's nothing about it that's plausible. He does not have an IQ of 228, period. Had his IQ been recorded that high by any official testing facility, his score would have been submitted to both Guinness Book of World Records and would been documented everywhere. The fact that no one knows of him, or his supposed "intelligence" level, simply reinforces my original assessment.

Perhaps he scored 228 on those silly online IQ tests with an open window in the background checking his answers, but he did not test 228 at any accredited testing facility.

I work in the government and academic field and I know how the IQ testing works and how the testing results for genius level applicants is distributed. Sorry, never happened.
                      Last edited by rasp187; Sat 23 Jun '07, 10:10pm.

Comment

• rasp187
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by JakeS
                        Just spotted this post... Just because of the way someone type's can't give you their IQ My guess is my IQ is 0.. but the way I type you wouldn't be leave it .
                        I agree that online typing is no dictation of intelligence, but I can't see how anyone could brag of an IQ so high and still make typing errors. If you're going to say something as ludicrous as having an IQ of 228, at least make it sound like you have a 228 IQ.

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Sorry to hear you found out you're bi-polar. I'm glad I'm not.

Comment

• JakeS
                            • Jul 2005

I agree that online typing is no dictation of intelligence, but I can't see how anyone could brag of an IQ so high and still make typing errors. If you're going to say something as ludicrous as having an IQ of 228, at least make it sound like you have a 228 IQ.
                            He could be relaxing... When I'm on MSN relaxing & typing it looks a tad like this:

"Hey, u ok?"

"yeah cant sleep again"

Hence, can't be bothered to type correctly as I'm trying to relax.

Comment

• rasp187
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 3.7.x

He could be relaxing, and I could be Bill Gates using an online alias. Give me a break.

Marilyn vos Savant is in the Guinness Book of World Records as having the highest recorded IQ of 228 (how ironic). Joe Gronlund is not recorded anywhere as having any type of astonishing or ground-breaking, let alone record breaking, IQ.

Relaxing or not, again, he did not score a 228.

And yes, Bobby Fisher is still the highest scoring ADULT with a 187 IQ. Savant's 228 was scored when she was a child (tests are different) but that's still the record breaker because no one has beaten it, or even really come within 10 points of it.

The only other person thought to have POSSIBLY had a higher IQ than her was Leonardo Da Vinci.
                              Last edited by rasp187; Sat 23 Jun '07, 10:25pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...