Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redseal
    • May 2007

The legendary Wii

They have a couple at the store right now. I'm tempted to get one, anyone here have one? Are they worth it?

-Redseal
    I love lamp
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I'll be spending about $600 dollars soon on the console, controllers and hopefully a few games for my kid's Yule gift. Seems to be the best value out of the next generation consoles, at least for families with younger kids.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Redseal
      • May 2007

Thanks Wayne, that was all I needed to push me over the buying edge . By tonight I will be the new owner of a fabulous Wii!

I really want to get the new mario 8 and Mario party 8 they look epic!

-Redseal
      I love lamp

Comment

• bmc
        • Apr 2005

I have had a Wii for a while now, and I enjoy it very much! It's quite fun to play, and gets you very active and involved in the game!
        The Relationship Forum
        The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• Redseal
          • May 2007

what games do you have for it? Any recommendations? I dont know what I should get first.
          I love lamp

Comment

• TruthElixirX
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            I'll be spending about $600 dollars soon on the console, controllers and hopefully a few games for my kid's Yule gift. Seems to be the best value out of the next generation consoles, at least for families with younger kids.
            I like the Wii. I have one. Me and my friends (ages 16-19) play it quite a bit. Different types of kids too, nerds, jocks, and misc. . I'd say its a very rounded console age wise, much more so than the Gamecube.

Comment

• Wheels
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.5.x

I also have a Wii and it travels around the family. I have surfed the web on it, including the forum I took over from my cousin and CBC.

One of the paddles has gone airborn (Strap snapped) and plowed into the ceiling, causing a rain of parts all over. Upon putting the thing back together with a little duct tape, it works. Earlier my cousin launched a paddle into a nearby cat!

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.5.x

It's awesome, I've played it at my friends house

Comment

• Dean C
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.5.x

It was fun at first, but the novelty soon wears off. I find the controllers motion detection elementary at times too Just my humble opinion.
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Andrew111888
                    • Mar 2003

I've had a Wii since last November, it's pretty fun.

Picked up Super Paper Mario a few weeks ago, a recommended buy . I've heard Mario Party 8 is mediocre at best, though.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Dean C
                      It was fun at first, but the novelty soon wears off. I find the controllers motion detection elementary at times too Just my humble opinion.
                      I have to disagree. The response on my controllers have been remarkable and far more than I would have ever expected. And everyone who has played it at my house agrees.

Also The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is really a phenomenal game.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dream
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 3.6.x

I got the PS3, Wii seems to have more games for younger people. It was a tough decision though.

Also I have a lot of PS2 games, so that weighted on the decision.
                        Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Also The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is really a phenomenal game.
                          Yes, and the attention to detail some times is amazing. Like, when you get in the water and climb back out, your clothing turns darker and the water runs off of it until it dries out.

Comment

• Wheels
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Here's a site about Wiis of Mass Destruction!

"Umm, Wayne, are you working on the Blog project tonignt" "No, I used my monitor for the Wii and it now as a Wiimote installed on one site."

"Well, we need to get that product ready for beta... I'll be working on a new vBMote product on Monday!"

Comment

• rasp187
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 3.7.x

I love mine to death!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...