Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razasharp
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.7.x

I think they mau revert to their original stance, as the last thing they 'want' to do is support the PS3/Sony.

If there's enough consumer demand tho, they may have to come out with one or they'll risk alienting their customers. Tbh, by that time I think people may just get the PS3 in addition, as it's price should hopefully come down quite a bit by then. When you getting yours anyway?
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Razasharp
      If there's enough consumer demand tho, they may have to come out with one or they'll risk alienting their customers.
      Why? It is a Windows Media Extender and can play anything that is available through Windows Media on your home network. Many new PCs are shipping with Blu-ray drives and very few with HD-DVD drives. So they might just say they support it in proxy through the home network. It wouldn't be the first time they did something like this. Look at PNG support in IE 6.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Why? It is a Windows Media Extender and can play anything that is available through Windows Media on your home network. Many new PCs are shipping with Blu-ray drives and very few with HD-DVD drives. So they might just say they support it in proxy through the home network. It wouldn't be the first time they did something like this. Look at PNG support in IE 6.
        Wow thats something I never thought of :O.

Comment

• Bema Jinn
          • Mar 2003

Chances are there'll be a third party Blu-ray add-on before long anyway.

Comment

• ---MAD---
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.8.x

I was wondering..are the games on PS3 blu-ray disks or is the blu-ray drive only for blu-ray movies (like the xbox 360)?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ---MAD---
              I was wondering..are the games on PS3 blu-ray disks or is the blu-ray drive only for blu-ray movies (like the xbox 360)?
              From what I can read, the games are on blu-ray discs. I don't know if a game developer can use the PS2 DVD format for PS3 games or not.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• phill2003
                • Apr 2003

The only problem with the 360 is the failure rate, MS has put aside over a billion dollars SOURCE for repairs, Now that says something doesnt it, A billion dollars is a huge amount of money by anybodys standards and to put it to one side to repair consoles that are defective makes me glad I paid out nearly 600 quid for 2 of them ...

Oh and the games are boring as well up to present...

Still its the kids that play it I just play wolfie on xbox1...

Comment

• Bema Jinn
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by phill2003
                  The only problem with the 360 is the failure rate, MS has put aside over a billion dollars SOURCE for repairs, Now that says something doesnt it, A billion dollars is a huge amount of money by anybodys standards and to put it to one side to repair consoles that are defective makes me glad I paid out nearly 600 quid for 2 of them ...

There'll be the same amount of failures on the 360 as on the PS3. Only microsoft plan for this, and budget accordingly.

Where as sony tell you it's no their problem [/bitter]

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by phill2003

Actually tells me that they want to be prepared to make unsatisfied customers into satisfied ones. I would rather they set it aside and use it instead of not have the resources available. The amount comes out to a very small average per XBOX360 as well. If they have shipped over 10 million units, that is a reserve of less than 10 dollars per unit. To me that signifies a lower repair rate than some people let on.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3.8.x

From what I can read, the games are on blu-ray discs. I don't know if a game developer can use the PS2 DVD format for PS3 games or not.
                      Wow really?

Do BD have 50gb disk space?

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by ---MAD---
                        Wow really?

Do BD have 50gb disk space?
                        The Dual layer capacity ones do yes.

Comment

• phill2003
                          • Apr 2003

Actually tells me that they want to be prepared to make unsatisfied customers into satisfied ones. I would rather they set it aside and use it instead of not have the resources available. The amount comes out to a very small average per XBOX360 as well. If they have shipped over 10 million units, that is a reserve of less than 10 dollars per unit. To me that signifies a lower repair rate than some people let on.
                          Really, It tells me that unless it does something drastic they will lose more customers than they can ever hope to get back also it tells me that they knew about the inherrant problem that the console had a long time before this was announced.

Now it is welcome but what kind of system (including the ps3) needs a 1 billion $ cash injection 2 years nearly after launch because of faulty consoles. Which other console is so badly put together with shoddy parts that the manufacturer has got to give a further 3 year warranty I mean come on Americans get a 3 month guarantee we get 12 months surely if there were no inherrant problems not only would they not ring fence this vast amount of money but they would not give each and every console sold up to date the extra warranty would they.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wiki
                            A single layer Blu-ray Disc can store 25 GB, over 5 times the size of a single layer DVD at 4.7 GB.
                            Whoa. I wonder how it will work when developers convert the game to work on serveral different consoles?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

Lower graphics resolution, lower sample rates on music. Multiple disc offerings.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ---MAD---
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 3.8.x

Lower graphics resolution, lower sample rates on music. Multiple disc offerings.
                                Ah. Are there any games that are over 10GB atm? The only one I can think of is Flight simulator X by Microsoft (PC only).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...