• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ---MAD---
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

Xbox 360?

Hey,

I was wondering, is the xbox 360 worth it?

I am not getting a ps3 no way because there are very few games and those few are nearly all rubbish atm. I think its best to buy the ps3 next summer .

So any xbox 360 owners out there?

I was also wondering, you can play online for free right? Unless you want more features, you pay for gold membership, thats what I understood from xbox.com

Thanks
    MAD
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I bought it, it's pretty good. But I do think it is as bad as it is good. I did not get the WOW i had when I got my playstation one console.

Comment

• Dean C
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ---MAD---
      Hey,

I am not getting a ps3 no way because there are very few games and those few are nearly all rubbish atm. I think its best to buy the ps3 next summer .

I was also wondering, you can play online for free right? Unless you want more features, you pay for gold membership, thats what I understood from xbox.com

Thanks
      MAD
      No you can't play online for free. You get a free months trial when you buy the premium console (not sure about core), but after that you pay for playing online. Personally, if you can, I'd wait a few months for the prices to come down on both consoles, and for the PS3 game titles to start churning out. I'm not going to get into a debate over which is best, and you can expect a lot of unsubstantiated PS3 bashing in the posts that will come below mine. The fact is, try both and see which you enjoy most.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Actually you can play online for free, if you are part of certain group.

The bad part about PS online is ramped users using hacks to cheat in games, if you played with xBox online original in the past two years you would know what I mean. I never tried Wiis online capabilities and heard that you would be able to download all of Nintendos older games for a reasonable price. I do not know if you be able to play those older games with any online, unless they have emulated them all to work on Wii.

Zelda, Conker's Bad Fur Day & Perfect Dark, were the best games for N64

Comment

• ---MAD---
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Dean C
          No you can't play online for free. You get a free months trial when you buy the premium console (not sure about core), but after that you pay for playing online. Personally, if you can, I'd wait a few months for the prices to come down on both consoles, and for the PS3 game titles to start churning out. I'm not going to get into a debate over which is best, and you can expect a lot of unsubstantiated PS3 bashing in the posts that will come below mine. The fact is, try both and see which you enjoy most.
          PS3 won't dropped its price till next year and good games (that use the ps3s capabilities) in bulk won't come out till June next year I would imagine.

Comment

• JakeS
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego

The bad part about PS online is ramped users using hacks to cheat in games, if you played with xBox online original in the past two years you would know what I mean. I never tried Wiis online capabilities and heard that you would be able to download all of Nintendos older games for a reasonable price. I do not know if you be able to play those older games with any online, unless they have emulated them all to work on Wii.

and as for PSN you will find that if a cheater is caught their banned, which you probably didn't know....

Comment

• Dean C
              • Mar 2002
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego

Eh? Since when can you play on Live for free... This is a 360 btw, not original xbox.
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• ---MAD---
                • Jun 2005
                • 3.8.x

Eh? Since when can you play on Live for free... This is a 360 btw, not original xbox.
                How much does silver / gold cost in usa dollars btw? and also whats the best game to go for as your first game (I like action games /adverture mostly)?

Comment

• pbmansion
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Hey,

Thanks
                  MAD
                  It is definitely worth getting. I love mine and wont give it up

Comment

• WSK
                    • Mar 2007

gow much do u think the ps3 will cost next summer?

Comment

• JakeS
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by WSK
                      gow much do u think the ps3 will cost next summer?
                      Probably the price it costs them to build it with all the people moaning about the price.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by JakeS
                        Probably the price it costs them to build it with all the people moaning about the price.
                        I think people moan about the price because its jsut not worth it atm with very few games. Only those real sony fans would get one right now. Although I myself dont have an xbox (my bro does though), I do have a ps1 and ps2 and I would defo get a PS3 next year or year after to keep my collection going lol.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 1.1.x

They are like Moderators of the Online Game World, usually from 'MicrosoftLive' or one of many servers that game developers use. If you ask them nicely, just maybe they will give you an account. You basically report how the game is going or if you see any glitches and cheaters.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3.8.x

How much does silver / gold cost in usa dollars btw? and also whats the best game to go for as your first game (I like action games /adverture mostly)?
                            Any ideas?

Comment

• Vile
                              • Jul 2002
                              • 3.6.x

I'm both a fan of Sony and Microsoft, but to answer your question, yes a 360 is most definitely worth it, as is a Gold membership to X-Box Live. One of the reasons Live has won numerous awards is because the service works extremely well, more so than others...
                              Webmaster / Administrator
                              www.MegaGames.com
                              www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...