X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yves R.
    vBulletin QA
    • Nov 2003
    • 5.6.X

Just upgraded to 3.0.2 beta (522.13.1) and I can see all text in vB now (before, all bold text was unreadable)

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• andiez
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kier
      By the way, if you want to patch vBulletin to properly detect Safari for Windows (which 3.6.7 does not) then open up includes/functions.php then find this line:
      PHP Code:
      if (strpos($useragent'applewebkit') !== false AND $is['mac']) 
      and replace it with this line:
      PHP Code:
      if (strpos($useragent'applewebkit') !== false
      Thanks. Just upgraded my forums to VB 3.6.7 P1 and then did this patch. Now I have drop-down menus

btw just upgraded to Safari for Windows 3.0.2 and noted the java(script) problem fixed. But now it appears to have a problem with secure pages, i.e. secure > non-secure throws up a "This page cannot be displayed ..." error! Much improved text rendering though with bold a little soft focus on my LCD monitor.

Comment

• Sergio68
        • May 2002
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc
        Just upgraded to 3.0.2 beta (522.13.1) and I can see all text in vB now (before, all bold text was unreadable)
        Yep, wonderful.
        Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
        Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• simsim
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

Just downloaded 3.0.2 Beta. Apart of the outer glow effect on the fonts, everything looks fine.

I am also of the opinion that Opera is the best browser (by it's own) so far. But at the end, everything that cuts off from Internet Explorer's market share is certainly most welcomed.
          Last edited by simsim; Fri 29 Jun '07, 12:05pm.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by simsim
            Just downloaded 3.0.2 Beta. Apart of the outer glow effect on the fonts, everything looks fine.

I am also of the opinion that Opera is the best browser (by it's own) so far. But at the end, everything that cuts off from Internet Explorer's market share is certainly most welcomed.
            I agree that Opera 9 is the best browser in terms of its ratio of overall features compared to its memory footprint, but I just don't like its default setup, especially on Mac OS X. But, like Firefox, it's very easy to fix up, making it look very nice and attractive.
            Forums

Comment

• Radon3k
              • Nov 2001

I just got done watching the Keynote address and thought I would download Safari 3 Beta for Windows to give it a shot. So far I'm very impressed. Everything seems to be rendering just fine and the drop down menus are also working without a problem. I'm posting this reply using Safari 3 Beta for Windows Vista. I have noticed that it is fast when loading pages.

I don't see an overly large problem with how Safari looks though I will add that if a user wishes to change the look to match his/her current theme they should be able to.

Does anybody know where I can find a copy of that iBench program that Steve Jobs was talking about during the keynote address? I'd like to run the same test he did.

Comment

• harmor
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Radon3k
                Does anybody know where I can find a copy of that iBench program that Steve Jobs was talking about during the keynote address? I'd like to run the same test he did.
                Is this the program you are looking for ftp://ftp.pcmag.com/benchmarks/i-bench/

Comment

• Radon3k
                  • Nov 2001

Originally posted by harmor
                  Is this the program you are looking for ftp://ftp.pcmag.com/benchmarks/i-bench/
                  That may be it, but it doesn't have a file type associated with it so I'm not sure how to open it.

Comment

• harmor
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Radon3k
                    That may be it, but it doesn't have a file type associated with it so I'm not sure how to open it.
                    They are executables.

Comment

• Radon3k
                      • Nov 2001

Originally posted by harmor
                      They are executables.
                      It's not opening as an executable. As I said before, there's no file extension associated with the file when I download it so I can't open it. If you know of a way then please let me know.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

When I click on the link above, I get two options ib40.exe and ib50.exe. They are Windows Executables. If you are on Windows and there is no file extension, just rename them.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Radon3k
                          • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          When I click on the link above, I get two options ib40.exe and ib50.exe. They are Windows Executables. If you are on Windows and there is no file extension, just rename them.
                          It looks as though I may have found a bug with Safari. When trying to click the link in FireFox it works just fine and I see both links with the file extensions, however in Safari it just downloads one file with no file extension and it is not executable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...