Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CeleronXT
    • Mar 2002

Favorite Drive Imaging Software

So, what's your favorite hard drive imaging software for ease of use, simplicity, and effectiveness?
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

Acronis True Image Home is all I'll ever need. It works with Vista, has a simple interface and does everything that I need it to do.
    Forums

Comment

• Martz
      • Apr 2001

I'll second Acronis True Image.

I only ever use the "Rescue CD" to boot machines so I can backup the entire disk to a network drive before reinstalling the OS.

I've found it works on old hardware and supports loads of IDE/SATA/NICs without problem.
      HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
      -
      Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

• mlucek
        • Dec 2004

I'll 3rd Acronis' TrueImage. I upgraded the HD in my laptop last year. I used TrueImage over the Firewire port to image the old HD to an external HD, created the restore CD, put in the new drive, plugged in the ext HD, and restore CD. It recognized the 4+ year old laptop Firewire setup, reimaged the new drive and I was ready to go. Was like I had never swapped drives, but now had 3X the space. Took about 1-1/2 hours instead of the 2-3 days I thought it would. That SOLD me !

Now I use it (not often enough) for backups !

Comment

• Vile
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

I sometimes use both Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost.
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

I used "Driveimage 2002" for a long time and thougt it was the best, till I read about "Acronis True Image Home 10", and tried it.

Brilliant program, best things I ever downloaded. Opps!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...