Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

From my understanding this is sposed to be a futueristic continuation of diablo and they are a majority of the same developers.

Comment

• Bema Jinn
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      The people that created the Diablo series left when Vivendi bought Blizzard. A lot of them are working on Guild Wars right now and the others are working on a top-secret MMO project. Even though Blizzard still owns the rights to the franchise, I don't think it will be pursued further.
      There ARE plans for a diablo III, i don't know if they've started it, or planning it, or if it's been shelved now, but they semi-officially-unofficially let it slip nearly kind of.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Bema Jinn
        There ARE plans for a diablo III, i don't know if they've started it, or planning it, or if it's been shelved now, but they semi-officially-unofficially let it slip nearly kind of.
        Blizzard Employees posted in the World of Warcraft forums a few months ago that there are no current plans for a Diablo 3. They can change their minds but they took so much of the Diablo technology and put it into World of Warcraft, it makes you wonder what they would do.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bema Jinn
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Blizzard Employees posted in the World of Warcraft forums a few months ago that there are no current plans for a Diablo 3. They can change their minds but they took so much of the Diablo technology and put it into World of Warcraft, it makes you wonder what they would do.
          According to a story on pcgames.de, Blizzard are planning to announce Diablo 3 and the next WoW expansion at this year's BlizzCon. I wouldn't normally give too much credence to rumours but this is the second time I have heard this today from two different sources. If Diablo 3 was announced it would be fantastic but we'll have to wait and see. Only a couple more months to find out Thanks nobbie
          Again, only rumours.

Blizzard have been hinting at it for a while though. so, who knows. Just have to wait and see.

Although i can't see Blizzard making a new Exp for Wow, SC2 AND Diablo 3.

Comment

• Greps
            • Feb 2006
            • 3.6.x

some time ago Blizzard have hired some new folks to work on a single-player RPG project. and that can't be anything else but Diablo 3.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

It looks great, I can't wait to go and play it!

Comment

• MGM
                • Aug 2002
                • 3.6.x

I loved the original SC, can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. I just hope it lives up to the hype, and the high expectations set by newer RTS' like Supreme Commander and Company of Heroes, as well as some older ones like Rise of Nations and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. They have a lot to live up to... in the meantime, I still have Rise of Legends to beat

MGM out

Comment

• Qryztufre
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MrNase
                  Great news! I was never into StarCraft so much (I prefered Warcraft up to III which I didn't like) but the screenshots look great and there aren't so many Mac games so I will probably buy it.
                  I enjoyed Starcraft, and played it like it was WC3...

When WC3 came out, I lost all love for the series, as it broke away from the style of the game. I want to point and click at groups and have them kill other groups...not worry about levels and heros and other crap that has nothing to do with world domination.

I've not had the pleasure (or pain) of trying WoW though, as I'm still stuck on dialup as I live too far out in BFE for cable or DSL.

I look forward to the release of StarCraft 2 with a nervous anticipation, in hopes they keep it oldschool without all the need to focus on individual heros...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Qryztufre
                    I've not had the pleasure (or pain) of trying WoW though, as I'm still stuck on dialup as I live too far out in BFE for cable or DSL.
                    Most MMOs work fine on dial-up as all the graphics and rendering are done on your local machine. That is why they require all those gigabytes of space. My WoW directory is about 7.5 gigabytes in size currently. I know quite a few people who play successfully on Dial-up.

The only problem that you might have a problem is in player vs. player scenarios. In World of Warcraft, these are negligible and optional.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

Starcraft was by far one of my favourite games, and knowing Blizzard I have a good feeling about #2.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Onimua
                        • Apr 2005

I'm interested in this game as well.
                        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Greps
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 3.6.x

uhm, why do Starcraft 2 screenshots look so 2002? hell, even in 2002 they made RTS which looked better than SC2 in it's current state...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Greps
                            uhm, why do Starcraft 2 screenshots look so 2002? hell, even in 2002 they made RTS which looked better than SC2 in it's current state...
                            Well, not sure about Starcraft 2 but with World of Warcraft it was a different way of doing the technology to make it available to the widest spectrum of customers. Many people play games but do not have the latest hardware. They aren't enthusiasts but still lay down dollars. The game market has to capture these players and keep the enthusiasts happy. It is a fine line.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bema Jinn
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MGM
                              I loved the original SC, can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. I just hope it lives up to the hype, and the high expectations set by newer RTS' like Supreme Commander and Company of Heroes, as well as some older ones like Rise of Nations and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. They have a lot to live up to... in the meantime, I still have Rise of Legends to beat

MGM out
                              How could you miss out Total Annihilation from that list? The. Best. RTS. Ever. shame the company went bust.

I think some individual owns the rights to TA now.

Originally posted by Jerry
                              Starcraft was by far one of my favourite games, and knowing Blizzard I have a good feeling about #2.
                              Considering they've axed a few games that were 99% complete just because they weren't up to par really makes you trust a companies quality of games.

Quality > Franchise rape.

Comment

• Chousho
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 3.8.x

It's about time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...