X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gomjaba
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.5.x

Free forum supported on SQL2005

I am new with SQL 2005 and would like to install a forum in my test environment since I think a forum is the easiest way to see things "work".

Is there a forum software (either free or free trial) which is supported on server running SQL 2005 ? As far as I can see phpbb runs on SQL 2000 - but because of our production environment running on SQL 2005 and also new certification are mostly SQL 2005 - I really want to use it ...

Any suggestions are highly appreciated ...

ps: Or any other free application which requires SQL 2005 so I can see the use of it in the database ...
    I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

As far as i know, SQL is not supported by vBulletin as of Yet..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

I don't really see the use of asking about competitor software on the official vbulletin forum .. but to answer your question: I do not know, I know vBulletin doesn't support SQL2005

Comment

• Gomjaba
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.5.x

If my question was regarding vbulletin I wouldn't have posted in the Chit Chat forum And my question was if there is ANY software .. forum or not .. running on SQL 2005 :P

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

I understand, but I think most replies here will be a bit biased

Maybe you can find the answer here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...forum_software

Comment

• Gomjaba
            • Jan 2005
            • 3.5.x

thanks

Comment

• filburt1
              • Feb 2002

Are you asking about the SQL standard or Microsoft SQL Server 2005? If it's the latter, have you researched available ASP.NET forums?
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Gomjaba
                • Jan 2005
                • 3.5.x

I have to learn working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition ... (running later on active / passive cluster).

So I was looking for something which needs the database so I actually have something to query

Thanks to Floris I actually found a commercial software (free 30 days trial) so I got now my Test Server (2003 R2 Enterprise) running PHP on IIS and SQL 2005 ... now I just need to get the mood to actual study hehe ...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...