X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitetigergrowl
    • Jun 2004
    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by JakeS
    Because when 2.1.0 was BETA 4 I had a licence and was at the time into all the piracy stuff so I was making ways of nulling it, and how to remove copyright and stuff well as doing that I needed to know how to put the copyright back so I contacted them, they told me once, for 2.0.4 & 1.3 but when I asked for 2.1 they said "That is the third time you've deliberately removed our copyright" and banned me from purchasing another licence oh also it was my second licence, first time was when I had 2.0.2 they banned me from hosting because I decrypted the files they gave me for IPB.
    Since then, I haven't done any piracy AT ALL.

Al;so I only started Pirating IPB because I was P'ed off with IPS for banning my hosting.

Not IPS I guess.
    You guys were upset at them so you pirated their software and removed their copyright. Do you honestly think VB would treat you any less favorably? If you remove VB's copyright without paying for it, you get into trouble as well. I wouldn't want you as a customer either if you were blatantly doing such things. And while I can't speak for VB, I highly doubt they would want you as a customer either if you kept pirating their software or removing their copyright without paying to do so. The files are encrypted for a reason. Decrypting them was likely against the TOS. Either way, you did it to yourself. Not the other way around. And I highly doubt VB would treat you any less differently.
    Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Sat 28 Apr '07, 11:40am.

Comment

• forumguy
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.6.x

They must have had a reason for banning your hosting.
      vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
      Visit my site today!

Comment

• JakeS
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
        You guys were upset at them so you pirated their software and removed their copyright. Do you honestly think VB would treat you any less favorably? If you remove VB's copyright without paying for it, you get into trouble as well. I wouldn't want you as a customer either if you were blatantly doing such things. And while I can't speak for VB, I highly doubt they would want you as a customer either if you kept pirating their software or removing their copyright without paying to do so. The files are encrypted for a reason. Decrypting them was likely against the TOS. Either way, you did it to yourself. Not the other way around. And I highly doubt VB would treat you any less differently.
        Hold on who said I was pirating vB?

If you read my post I told you point blank I had not done any piracy since, and also what do you mean by "you guys" their is only one of me.

They had 2 reasons for banning me from hosting BTW:

1st was the decrypted files
        2nd was because I had a phpbb installed.

and also BTW:
        I had the phpbb installed for moding as I wasn't allowed to mod the IPB, after telling me off about the phpbb and asking me to remove I then decrypted their files and modded IPB, and still left the phpbb on their.
        Last edited by JakeS; Sat 28 Apr '07, 7:10pm.

Comment

• Quillz
          • Nov 2004
          • 5.0.X

Hold on who said I was pirating vB?

If you read my post I told you point blank I had not done any piracy since, and also what do you mean by "you guys" their is only one of me.

They had 2 reasons for banning me from hosting BTW:

1st was the decrypted files
          2nd was because I had a phpbb installed.

and also BTW:
          I had the phpbb installed for moding as I wasn't allowed to mod the IPB, after telling me off about the phpbb and asking me to remove I then decrypted their files and modded IPB, and still left the phpbb on their.
          So in addition to pirating IPB, you also broke their hosting ToS? Then your banning was absolutely fair. And no one said you were pirated vB, but rather, if you had been, you'd likely be banned from it, as well.
          Forums

Comment

• forumguy
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.6.x

I agree with Quillz.

I don't get why you're not allowed to install phpBB on their hosting plan.
            Visit my site today!

Comment

• JakeS
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by forumguy
              I agree with Quillz.

I don't get why you're not allowed to install phpBB on their hosting plan.
              I got told in a live help convo "We only allow you to have OUR software and your website on our server, we will not allow any other scripts"

Comment

• Quillz
                • Nov 2004
                • 5.0.X

I got told in a live help convo "We only allow you to have OUR software and your website on our server, we will not allow any other scripts"
                Which makes perfect sense to me. I don't think Microsoft would let you install Linux on a server hosted by them. Nor would I expect Jelsoft would allow you to run phpBB on a server they manage.
                Forums

Comment

• JakeS
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Quillz
                  Which makes perfect sense to me. I don't think Microsoft would let you install Linux on a server hosted by them. Nor would I expect Jelsoft would allow you to run phpBB on a server they manage.
                  Lol if I owned a server that was created by Microsoft and was in my house I would install Linux on it no matter what they say because I pay for things up front, which means full price in one hit, so I wouldn't let Microsoft control it.

Comment

• Chousho
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 3.8.x

Lol if I owned a server that was created by Microsoft and was in my house I would install Linux on it no matter what they say because I pay for things up front, which means full price in one hit, so I wouldn't let Microsoft control it.
                    That's a bit different. A server created by MS (uhh..) that you bought would be yours to do what you want with as far as services go. I'm sure you had not bought a server from IPB, but were renting the right to use their server space (aka - hosting) for yourself. Using a competing product on the company's own server most likely wasn't the smartest thing to do.

It's like being given permission to drive the company car, only to plaster it with decals supporting the opposition.

Even then, something seems off. Are you sure there might not be more to this story, though?

Comment

• JakeS
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Chousho
                      That's a bit different. A server created by MS (uhh..) that you bought would be yours to do what you want with as far as services go. I'm sure you had not bought a server from IPB, but were renting the right to use their server space (aka - hosting) for yourself. Using a competing product on the company's own server most likely wasn't the smartest thing to do.

It's like being given permission to drive the company car, only to plaster it with decals supporting the opposition.

Even then, something seems off. Are you sure there might not be more to this story, though?
                      besides the fact that I decoded their files due to I wanted a modification from their modification site badly no.

Comment

• Chousho
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 3.8.x

besides the fact that I decoded their files due to I wanted a modification from their modification site badly no.
                        Ahh, I missed that part. How exactly did you decode their files?

Comment

• JakeS
                          • Jul 2005

Ahh, I missed that part. How exactly did you decode their files?
                          Thats for me to know and you to google for.

Comment

• Greps
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 3.6.x

neither Zend nor ionCube have ever really been safe. it's possible to decode both of those encryptions, but never with 100% accuracy. in case of Zend, the most recent and advanced decryptors will only decrypt about 85% of the code. ionCube is a little better - up to 95%.

Comment

• forumguy
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3.6.x

phpBB isn't a competitor. They're free.
                              Visit my site today!

Comment

• Quillz
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by forumguy
                                phpBB isn't a competitor. They're free.
                                Linux isn't a competitor to Windows. It's free.
                                Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...