• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuyenmotdivad
    • Apr 2006
    • 4.1.x

Logitech Mouse + Keyboard

Hi,

I have just purchased a new mouse and it comes sometime this week what do you guys think of it http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ontentid=12134
    I am also thinking about buying a new keyboard but do you guys know if its any good and worth buying http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ontentid=12339

Thanks
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

That mouse is great, but the keyboard is not my type of design-keyboard that I like.

Comment

• Mazinger
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.7.x

The mouse looks amazing. What's the use of the second scroller?
      $post[signature]

Comment

• DirectPixel
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK
        Hi,

I have just purchased a new mouse and it comes sometime this week what do you guys think of it http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ontentid=12134
        I am also thinking about buying a new keyboard but do you guys know if its any good and worth buying http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ontentid=12339

Thanks
        I've used the mouse -- it's great.

And I'm currently typing up this post on the Edge keyboard. Personally, I love it. I have a big monitor, so the cordless keyboard with the touchpad lets me lay down in bed and use the computer from there.

Sure, it's $200. But it looks very sleek, the keys have an awesome feel to them, and the touch-control volume slider is a nifty extra feature. The way the hotkeys light up when you press the [Fn] button is pretty cool, too.

Microsoft makes a comparable wireless media-center keyboard with mouse controls, but it uses a D-pad for moving the mouse instead of a touchpad. IMO, this Logitech keyboard is probably one of the best keyboards I've ever used in my life. Worth the money until the Optimus comes out.
        :)

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Logitech keyboards are the only ones I will use any more. Even the cheapest ones have much better tactile control for my typing style.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ---MAD---
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.8.x

Nice mouse. The keyboard doesn't have the number area on the right though .

Comment

• Neal-UK
              • Feb 2004

That is a nice keyboard, and very tempting! My current keyboard is quite thick and I keep nudging it up to the stand of the monitor, which has scratched it somewhat.

Not sure of the mouse though, three buttons and wheel, and optical is enough for me.
              [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

I love the MX Revolution.

Comment

• kuyenmotdivad
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                  I've used the mouse -- it's great.

And I'm currently typing up this post on the Edge keyboard. Personally, I love it. I have a big monitor, so the cordless keyboard with the touchpad lets me lay down in bed and use the computer from there.
                  Never thought of taking a keyboard to bed with me. LOL good idea

Comment

• DirectPixel
                    • Jan 2002
                    • 3.5.x

Never thought of taking a keyboard to bed with me. LOL good idea
                    Here's my setup:

32" Wide-screen LCD monitor, Logitech MX-518 mouse, Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard, Logitech Z-5500 6.1 speakers, and a Plantronics Discovery 665 headset.

When I'm in bed, I simply take my keyboard with me and and I can control pretty much everything as if I were at my desk. Oftentimes, if I'm playing a game or if I want to watch TV or a movie and still get alerts from my computer, I simply connect my bluetooth headset so I can hear my computer's sounds without having to crank up my speakers all the way (or have music output from my speakers and IM/voice chats output to my headset).
                    :)

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Zachery
                      I love the MX Revolution.
                      Agreed /
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• ---MAD---
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 3.8.x

I just realised something, the thumb side is on the left meaning it is only for right handed people . Isn't there one for left handed people with the thumb on the right?

Comment

• WielerArchieven
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 3.6.x

Well i'm also in the market for a new mouse.

One thing i wonder is how does horizontal scrolling work with Logitech mouses. For the moment i use an Apple Mighty Mouse but these break down easily.
                          The little scrollbar gets stuck and mostly scrolling down vertically no longer works, not even after gently cleaning the scrollbar.

Comment

• kuyenmotdivad
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by ---MAD---
                            I just realised something, the thumb side is on the left meaning it is only for right handed people . Isn't there one for left handed people with the thumb on the right?
                            I use both hands so I have phoned "Logitech" and they told me there is a "Logitech MX Revolution" for left and right handers which was good news as now I can buy 2.

UPDATE - Got the mouse today and I have to say very impressive gonna buy the keyboard in 2weeks.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 3.8.x

I use both hands so I have phoned "Logitech" and they told me there is a "Logitech MX Revolution" for left and right handers which was good news as now I can buy 2.

UPDATE - Got the mouse today and I have to say very impressive gonna buy the keyboard in 2weeks.
                              Oh cool stuff . Do they deliver anywhere in the world?

MAD

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...