X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Isaac
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Brandimensions.com

Does anyone know anything about this company? I moved our forum to its own domain a weeks ago and the next day the server access log for the old location of the forum was inundated with 404s from this company with links to almost every thread.

They seem to be some sort of marketing organisation, maybe like BoardTracker? Until I find out why they are trying to access our entire forum content they are blocked in the firewall.

Bob
  • DirectPixel
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Bob Isaac
    Does anyone know anything about this company? I moved our forum to its own domain a weeks ago and the next day the server access log for the old location of the forum was inundated with 404s from this company with links to almost every thread.

They seem to be some sort of marketing organisation, maybe like BoardTracker? Until I find out why they are trying to access our entire forum content they are blocked in the firewall.

Bob
    Their bot spiders your site and tries to find usage of protected trademarks.

From your description, it sounds like it's not a very well-designed bot. I would block it.
    :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...