Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakeS
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Neal-UK
    It says Remote 2 110oC, what is that one?
    I'm actually not sure my self I was thinking of asking you.

From the name I would guess its a remote machine? remote HDD? something remote?

Comment

• Neal-UK
      • Feb 2004

Not sure, I have two hard drives. One was pre-installed the other added recently but both internal.

I have a linksys wireless card, wonder if it's that? It does struggle to pick up a good signal now and again....

Or the HP scanner / printer?
      [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• JakeS
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Neal-UK
        Not sure, I have two hard drives. One was pre-installed the other added recently but both internal.

I have a linksys wireless card, wonder if it's that? It does struggle to pick up a good signal now and again....
        Could be but it shows 2 remote temperatures, but I also have a wireless card which is always got strong strength which doesn't get detected with its temperature (But I rarely use it).

And your HDD are already showing their
        HD0 & HD1.

Comment

• Mazinger
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Floris
          Just took a picture of the system today, and noticed you could see the fans on it.

Why do you guys use more than one screen?
          $post[signature]

Comment

• JakeS
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mazinger
            When working with VMware or other aplications you get options so you can have one virtual machine displayed on one screen and your main os on the other, or he could have another computer under the desk

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Mazinger
              Why did you have to end your sentence with a rolleyes, was it a sarcastic question?

I use multiple monitors to get more real estate to work with.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by JakeS
                When working with VMware or other aplications you get options so you can have one virtual machine displayed on one screen and your main os on the other, or he could have another computer under the desk
                Nope, this is one computer. You know .. these video cards these days have multiple heads. Meaning you can connect multiple monitors. Over other available slots you can also add more cards.

Comment

• JakeS
                  • Jul 2005

Nope, this is one computer. You know .. these video cards these days have multiple heads. Meaning you can connect multiple monitors. Over other available slots you can also add more cards.
                  I know, which is why I suggested Virtual which uses one machine.

Comment

• Mazinger
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Why did you have to end your sentence with a rolleyes, was it a sarcastic question?

I use multiple monitors to get more real estate to work with.
                    It wasn't a sarcastic question. I think the gives the impression that I wonder.
                    $post[signature]

Comment

• JakeS
                      • Jul 2005

Anyone else's CPU's temperatures dropped recently? out of noware my CPU temperature has dropped crazily.

Example:

(Core is my cpu temp)

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

Good! Sounds like your problems are solved. Perhaps running 15 virtual operating systems at the same time was stressing the CPU too long?
                        Did you change your fans or a driver or something?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

I sincerely doubt it is 110C. That means it is 230 degrees farenheit inside your computer, well beyond safe operating temperatures for a computer.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• JakeS
                            • Jul 2005

Good! Sounds like your problems are solved. Perhaps running 15 virtual operating systems at the same time was stressing the CPU too long?
                            Did you change your fans or a driver or something?
                            I Think it could be due to I removed the 4 750GB's which were full and added a simple tiny 300GB HDD, this being done removes temperatures due to the other 4HDD's aren't generating 44C all at the same time, instead I now only have 1 44C HDD running.

Also could be because it was just lucky yesterday because I basically had my room at -2C any today my cpu is at a high 57C and my other pc is at 72C

Ahh when is it going to rain again! I love it when it rains because it keeps my machines cool.

I think I might get air-conditioning installed behind my machine

Also just closed one of the svchost.exe's due to it was making my cpu constantly 100%

But now trying to close system idle process, but won't let me

BUT WOW, it just went from 60C to 48C now I closed that.
                            Last edited by JakeS; Fri 18 May '07, 5:32am.

Comment

• JakeS
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                              I sincerely doubt it is 110C. That means it is 230 degrees farenheit inside your computer, well beyond safe operating temperatures for a computer.
                              No my machine would need a fire engine(You know the fire dept 999) if it was that hot

Comment

• daPLAYBOY
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 4.1.x

Mine is around 30 oC, and I'm using an NEC Versa P8100

A Cooling mat can reduce that a little further!

For those interested in checking their temps...you can get the SpeedFan FREEWARE app here for download:

Br.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...