X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WurkAnimal
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

Got a question for Tony Blair?

Looks like Tony Blair is getting in on the fun!

On April 23 John O'Farrell will be asking a number of your questions to Labour's Prime Minister Tony Blair. If you'd like to get involved simply post a comm...
  • Greps
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.6.x

"Will you stay or will you go?"

Comment

• JakeS
      • Jul 2005

here would be a good one "Why do you let so many foreigners in? Why is their more foreigners than British? and over 30 million more foreigners than british."

Oh well, I don't care anymore I'm so gonna leave England, way to many foreigners.

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by JakeS
        here would be a good one "Why do you let so many foreigners in? Why is their more foreigners than British? and over 30 million more foreigners than british."

Oh well, I don't care anymore I'm so gonna leave England, way to many foreigners.
        I would be more concerned about whether those immigrating into England are doing so legally or illegally. There's a big problem in the USA, especially in California, with illegal immigration. I have no issues with immigrants, so long as they enter any nation legally.
        Forums

Comment

• WurkAnimal
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.5.x

We need a law like they have in Australia.

They only let people in if you have what they ask for

Comment

• JakeS
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NashTax
            We need a law like they have in Australia.

They only let people in if you have what they ask for
            So don't let them in if I don't have what they ask for, great, I'll just say no

Comment

• TruthElixirX
              • Sep 2004
              • 3.6.x

Oh, I doth believe the irony has escaped everyone so far.

JakeS, when you leave England, you will become what you detest.

Immigration is a double edged sword for any country that requires careful attention and consideration. Allowing all is anarachy and allowing none is insane.

Comment

• Dream
                • Mar 2001
                • 3.6.x

"Did you like the actor that played you on The Queen?"
                Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• TygerTyger
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by JakeS

What rubbish, where on Earth did you hear that? Do you know what's more harmful than immigration? Natives who are more ignorant than the people who just arrived. I honestly cannot stand all this "Johnny Foreigner" crap that's flying around lately, it's such an unpleasant hook for the tabloid readers. People who don't stop to think for themselves or understand what they're talking about at all. I won't ask if you know the facts because you clearly don't, so I'll provide some for you courtesy of your beloved British government.

Ethnicity and Religion:
                  The UK's largest independent producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.

Ethnicity, national identity and country of birth:
                  The UK's largest independent producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.

As you can see, the statistics do not exactly support your sweeping statement above.

But the real crowning glory is that you say that because there's so many foreigners arriving in the country you're going to leave England, arriving as a foreigner in another country and effectively doing exactly what your uninformed ramblings were spitting venom at other people for doing. And if there's any justice in the world, once you've arrived there you'll be hassled from start to finish by other uninformed ramblers who will complain that there's far too many of you around, "takin' our wimmin an' our jobs", and why don't you just go back where you came from. Except there's no advantage to doing so because you'll look like a hypocrite whether you come back home or stay there.

I mean good God, an anti-immigration fanatic who wants to migrate. Now I really have seen it all. Frankly it would be just as well if they cut down on immigration, it would mean less people who find out what idiots we have here.

Comment

• JakeS
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TygerTyger
                    What rubbish, where on Earth did you hear that? Do you know what's more harmful than immigration? Natives who are more ignorant than the people who just arrived. I honestly cannot stand all this "Johnny Foreigner" crap that's flying around lately, it's such an unpleasant hook for the tabloid readers. People who don't stop to think for themselves or understand what they're talking about at all. I won't ask if you know the facts because you clearly don't, so I'll provide some for you courtesy of your beloved British government.

Ethnicity and Religion:

Ethnicity, national identity and country of birth:

As you can see, the statistics do not exactly support your sweeping statement above.

But the real crowning glory is that you say that because there's so many foreigners arriving in the country you're going to leave England, arriving as a foreigner in another country and effectively doing exactly what your uninformed ramblings were spitting venom at other people for doing. And if there's any justice in the world, once you've arrived there you'll be hassled from start to finish by other uninformed ramblers who will complain that there's far too many of you around, "takin' our wimmin an' our jobs", and why don't you just go back where you came from. Except there's no advantage to doing so because you'll look like a hypocrite whether you come back home or stay there.

I mean good God, an anti-immigration fanatic who wants to migrate. Now I really have seen it all. Frankly it would be just as well if they cut down on immigration, it would mean less people who find out what idiots we have here.
                    So your telling me that a Muslim born in Briton was pure bread in England all the way back to the days before slaves? well ok.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

That's enough. Thread closed. Our forums are not the place for these kinds of 'discussions'.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...