X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pestilence
    • Feb 2001
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

cs.net goes with UBB?

counter-strike.net have scrapped their vb2 forums and went to ubb 6.05 are they sick in the head or what ?
  • BobHope
    • May 2001

hehe...

I would say, just think of all those thousands of threads struggling to cope with a flat file database system

Comment

• OnFire
      • May 2000

All the UBB bashing on this site is really getting pathetic, and certainly doesn't make VB look any better. As a customer of both products, to even see moderators on this site constantly trash other message board solutions reflects so poorly on Jelsoft, which is what I'm sure they don't want. It's not even enjoyable to come here and search for ideas for my board because of the juvenile and petty UBB bashing.

Comment

• Tolitz
        • Dec 2000

I was with the impression that if you're looking for ideas on VB, you go here. If you're looking for ideas on UBB, you go to Infopop or UBBDEV. If you don't like the conversations, I am sure you can ignore them, coz if it affects you so much, then there's something wrong somewhere. Then again it's just me.

I'm a regular visitor here and in UBBDEV. I own both licenses too, and I run both forums and install hacks on both of em. I don't get affected by the bashing, and I actually learn about each products' pros and cons, since they are doing equal bashing of vBulletin over at UBBDEV and Infopop.

I simply recognize the presence of a more superior product. Now if you're against their freedom of speech to say what they think, then you're in the wrong forum...

p.s. Some mods here try to close "bashing" threads as soon as they see it, y'know...
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

• DoST
          • Oct 2000

cs.net goes with UBB?

Hello,
          First I'm a vB fan so don't get me wrong. Today, http://www.counter-strike.net, which had one of the biggest forums (they have 300-400 concurrent users), changed over to UBB from vB because of *speed* issues which suprised me. What do you think about this? I'm shocked The forums are here: http://ubb.counter-strike.net

Comment

• MattR
            • Jun 2000

MySQL was exhibiting its trademark "performance".
            Matt
            Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
            Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

• George L
              Former vBulletin Support
              • May 2000
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MattR
              MySQL was exhibiting its trademark "performance".
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• MattR
                • Jun 2000

Originally posted by eva2000
                Don't hate me because I speak the truth! ;D
                Matt
                Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
                Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

• Me2Be
                  Lady Moderator
                  • Jun 2000

Different strokes for different folks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...