Remember RegisterFly?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrispadfield
    • Aug 2000

I don't know if it can happen! Because when it was sold, just a week later around the time RF went down this month. The owner transfered it to godaddy now.. It would be a SUPER big mess for ICANN to take care of. I've contacted them, but they haven't been much help. They have also been swaged with emails from other angry RF customers.
    I would question whether ICANN have the authority to pick their own noses, let alone try and recover a domain name that has been stolen.
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

They won't do much. They wanted to stay away from the RF issue, untill presses in the UK posted about it and media steped into play.

Comment

• chrispadfield
        • Aug 2000

They won't do much. They wanted to stay away from the RF issue, untill presses in the UK posted about it and media steped into play.
        The started doing something when registerfly stopped paying them anything. Their first letter of complaint emphasied entirley that registerfly had not been paying them. That registerfly had been in breach of the terms of accredation for months before wastn't considered important.

The whole management of ICANN should be fired over this, it amazes me that such an important part of the internet is managed by such incompetents.
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• FreshFroot_
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.8.x

ICANN had MANY complaints earlier, but they never dealt with them. Now they are screwed and I hope they learn a lesson from this matter. I also don't like Enom too much either, as they were involved with RF earlier.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...