X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montyauto
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

What is the world most popular website t

What is the world most popular website today?

I think the first place it would be Google, let put google on google search page you will got 838,000,000 results.

second place would be yahoo with 719,000,000 results.

Tell me if I am wrong..
  • Chris Armstrong
    • Mar 2007

According to Alexa.com, it's yahoo.com, msn.com then google.com

Comment

• JakeS
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Chris Armstrong
      Thats shocking to know that yahoo is ahead of google as I know many more people who use google.

Comment

• 0ptima
        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by JakeS
        Thats shocking to know that yahoo is ahead of google as I know many more people who use google.
        Yahoo offers way more services than yahoo, no wonder its the #1 visited site.

Comment

• JakeS
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by 0ptima
          Yahoo offers way more services than yahoo?!?

Comment

• 0ptima
            • Jan 2002

Yahoo offers way more services than yahoo?!?
            sorry, yahoo > google in services

Comment

• JakeS
              • Jul 2005

sorry, yahoo > google in services
              I agree with 99% of that, because yes its true but when it comes to just finding something quick most people just tap in google.

Comment

• Chousho
                • Jan 2004
                • 3.8.x

In some countries (for instance, Japan), Yahoo is the big source for Internet goers.
                Hehe, just had to point this out.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.5.x

You don't know everyone in the world.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

I agree with 99% of that, because yes its true but when it comes to just finding something quick most people just tap in google.
                    You would find this shocking but I know quite a few people that don't use Google. They say it doesn't offer them anything. As far as they are aware it doesn't offer email, instant messaging, news, maps, or anything but searching. So yeah they might go there for a quick search occasionally but they use Yahoo, AOL and MSN for everything else.

Google also has the disadvantage of spreading its resources over multiple brand names so that hurts as well. When you want to watch videos at Yahoo then you go to their site. Most people don't even know Youtube is Google and even less know about Google Video. Blogger is the same way. Most people don't know that it is owned by Google. Most people don't care.

The other thing that hurts Google is that you don't have to visit them to get their search results. They power AOL's and several other prominent search engines but those search engines get the hits and the income generated, though they pay licensing fees for Google's data. Yeah, Google is the start page in Mozilla Firefox but that is less than 20% of all Internet Users. Most have their startpage set to their ISP. Yahoo, MSN and AOL all sell internet access and get to dictate the user's startpage. Google doesn't.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jezebelus
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Chris Armstrong
                      Yeah but I still think the most popular is google. The main reason why people go to Yahoo is probably due to yahoo mail (gmail isn't so popular yet but it will be) since its first webmail and also Microsoft likes Yahoo much more then Google so they frequently links to them. Reason why MSN is on the second place is because msn.com is default homepage when you install Windows and many people (idiots) don't know how to change homepage.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...