X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
    vBulletin has had a multiquote hack/addon since 2.0.

The feature baton gets passed back and forth. I thought IPB had a roadmap as well, I don't see that anymore either.
    Ah, but I was talking about multi-quote as a standard, built-in feature.
    Forums

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Yes, we added it later in our releases, but the feature was found in vBulletin before IPB.

Comment

• Greps
        • Feb 2006
        • 3.6.x

multi quote sucks. it's crippled, unintuitive and bugged. the normal quote is no better. the only easy and fast way to implement quoting in a message board would be to quote selected text. I have suggested this feature quite some time ago, but it seems that nothing has come of it.

anyway, why are you arguing over a small feature like multi quote when we know that IPS have already beat Jelsoft to making a blog, a gallery, a download manager, a CMS, a database linking tool (converge), etc. and we don't even know whether or not Jelsoft's future products (if they release any, that is) will be able to compete with what is now a feature-full and stable product line from IPS.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Greps
          multi quote sucks. it's crippled, unintuitive and bugged. the normal quote is no better. the only easy and fast way to implement quoting in a message board would be to quote selected text. I have suggested this feature quite some time ago, but it seems that nothing has come of it.

anyway, why are you arguing over a small feature like multi quote when we know that IPS have already beat Jelsoft to making a blog, a gallery, a download manager, a CMS, a database linking tool (converge), etc. and we don't even know whether or not Jelsoft's future products (if they release any, that is) will be able to compete with what is now a feature-full and stable product line from IPS.
          If you want bugs galore, but I rather wait to get a clean, bug free & professional look. If you want to slap addons without getting input from member.... I do not know why you are here if you think vbulletin can not come with something better.
          I always liked scrapbook.com, but rather have just a decent profile with blog, my space & gallery and have recent post links towards my profile. I hate to have addons when they can be just part of a whole. The CMS I can see as a addon and as for gallery? So many free ones to choose from...

EDIT:
          Oh, I rather see a cart to purchase membership and other things instead of adding users to a usergroup. I like it automatical add user too a paid membership group & also the ability for pay to view thread.
          Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Sun 18 Mar '07, 4:52pm.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

I would also prefer to see a quote system where we can actually select the text on the page we want to reply to.

I almost always break up quotes manually into paragraphs, negating the purpose of the Quote feature. And I don't use Multi-quote because that means going back to the WYSIWYG editor after getting very used to posting 90% of my posts by Quick Reply.

Comment

• MidnightPyro
              • Dec 2001
              • 3.5.x

If/when they do release some products for beta testing, I do hope they'll atleast give licensed customers a chance to beta test the new products without actually buying them. I'm pretty exciting about the new stuff being one of those kinds of guys who has a past history of staying up hours on end waiting for gold/beta releases

I think it'd be a great way to iron out bugs in a new product and get the community involved and interested in the new addons - that way if people try the betas on their own sites and like their functionality, they'll be much more likely to purchase them once they go gold.

Comment

• Steve_C
                • Aug 2001

Yeah... like how Adobe is doing Photoshop CS3. I'd be willing to give it a try as well. Right now I use Subdreamer and while it has a lot of nice features, I like the solidness of vb and the way they manage their product. So, if we get a fully customizable (plug-ins), image gallery (for images within news articles with click to enlarge option), blog plug-in (would allow users to have their own page/blog), breadcrumbs, oh I could keep going.... can't wait to see!

Comment

• PJAmerica
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 3.6.x

I have to say something here and people do make valid points but here is where I stand. I was an avid user of SMF for a good while and it is a stable and free software with a fair amount of features. I found myself wasting $50 to become a charter member. I eventually grew weary of the scalability of the software and took the plunge and bought vB. I am happier now. I would never go back to a free software for the fact that I get what I paid for here. Solid and secure stable software with world class official support. I am a huge supporter of open source and free software to so this is not an ordinary choice for me.

Comment

• Caiman
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 3.6.x

One problem with having heard this note about something coming in a 'matter of weeks' is containing my damn excitement! Official vB addons? Yes please.
                    Aye

Comment

• Qryztufre
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Caiman
                      One problem with having heard this note about something coming in a 'matter of weeks' is containing my damn excitement! Official vB addons? Yes please.
                      Kier said on the 11th:
                      Originally posted by Kier
                      More information will be coming soon, but our first batch of add-on products is now almost ready and is being used internally for testing purposes. I anticipate a beta program starting in a matter of weeks.
                      it's now the 20th...

I look forward to this weekend (the 25th) when a "couple of weeks" has passed so it can be a explained that a "matter of weeks" is likely a bit different. As it seems that the reason they stopped giving times was of the hissy fits that ensued once such deadlines were not met...

So, yes, other then then complaints & finger pointing (and I'm not pointing at you Caiman), I too am very excited about the possibilities.

Comment

• RedTyger
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 3.8.x

There's hissy fits anyway, I've never seen a place bombarded so repetetively with the same redundant random ramblings along the lines of "when is it out?". I don't know how the moderators hold their sanity against the onslaught.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Qryztufre
                          I look forward to this weekend (the 25th) when a "couple of weeks" has passed so it can be a explained that a "matter of weeks" is likely a bit different. As it seems that the reason they stopped giving times was of the hissy fits that ensued once such deadlines were not met...

So, yes, other then then complaints & finger pointing (and I'm not pointing at you Caiman), I too am very excited about the possibilities.
                          As far as I know, no Jelsoft team member said "two weeks". They said a "matter of weeks". I'm picking on the language here because they gave no definitive timeframe. They gave a generalized timeframe of sometime in the near future.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Qryztufre
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            As far as I know, no Jelsoft team member said "two weeks". They said a "matter of weeks". I'm picking on the language here because they gave no definitive timeframe. They gave a generalized timeframe of sometime in the near future.
                            Heh...that was actually kinda the point I was making.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                              • Sep 2001

The Paste Quote plugin for Firefox is a must have!

Right click, and choose paste w/ [quote] tags and bingo! done!
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Quillz
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 5.0.X

That's pretty useful, thanks.
                                Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...