http://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimat...&f=11&t=000202
    Beats watching a soap opera on TV
    http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

• The Prohacker
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.8.x

qasic,
      That may speed it up, I'll have them call, he's so pissed he may just use the damn thing as a coaster....

6.1 may improve I/O, but its just to little to late, I/O problems should have been fixed in the gold release. Thats why hosts are banning the use of UBB and YaBB, because the programmers don't take the care to do a good job....

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

They didn't delete this one (yet) but they sure closed it in a hurry. I was particularly amused to see this comment from Charles Capps:

What to do?

Find a host that knows how to manage load on their servers, and stay tuned for future UBB releases.
        This sure is a slap in the face of the folks at Venturesonline. Obviously the problem must be clueless web hosts!

Here's the thread. Catch it before it's gone for good!

P.S. I kept screen shots this time!
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dunefreak
          • Oct 2000

How convenient to slap VO like that and then close the thread. What a wooosie.

Remids me of doorbell ditching as a kid.
          Off-Road Forum

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

It looks like Charles got them to close the thread at UBBDev too:

php, mysql, forums, bulletin boards, bbs, forum, ajax, javascript, graphics, internet, online, discussion groups, ubb, ultimate bulletin board, customize, perl, cgi, unix, nt, affordable, hacking, infopop, groupee, community, ultimatebb, scripts, programs, threads, topics, ubb chh, ubb.classic, ubb classic, ubb.threads, ubb threads

At least he didn't slam VO in that thread. He left the dirty work to DonV this time.

Ah, the joys of hosts who can't administrate their own servers. *sigh*
            Strange that this is the only post this 'DonV' ever made at UBBDev!
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Hooper
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.5.x

Sounds like the same old Charles Capps. Nothing has changed a bit. Instead of telling others to send in their computers so they can have a look, he now tells you to find a good host.

" What to do?
              Find a host that knows how to manage load on their servers, and stay tuned for future UBB releases.

We are aware of the UBB I/O issues, which are at the heart of the load issue, and are taking measures to reduce I/O in future releases. "

" Thank you for your paitence and understanding."

UBB,

Learn how to program. You didn't even fix the template problems before releasing 6.0 Gold.
              Quit blaming others for your crap software.
              Quit changing policies to suit your lack of programming skills.
              Quit banning people out of the forums.
              Quit locking troubleshooting posts before the problems are solved.

BTW,
              Ventures Online is one of the best hosts out there. They are highly competant and deliver the most hardware, support, etc... for the money. So dogging them just shows me how much the nose of CC is up Ted's ass. Patience and understanding???? WTF, I waited 2 weeks for templates to be fixed after downloading the Gold Version when it came out. How long would I have to wait for good software? It has been 6 months already. 6 months I and I would have still been waiting for software that was worth less than a quarter of what they are charging. And then more problems.

I just couldn't help but reply to this. The idiocies of UBB still lives on and I had nothing but a nightmare with them. All problems solved when I purchased vBulletin. Even the beta 5 version of vBulltetin 2.0 was far superior to what I had with UBB6.0Gold.

I seldom say anything in any of these threads that relate to IP. But seeing CC's attitude displayed in the above links makes me angry.

"This is a designed behavior" my ass.
              Last edited by Hooper; Sat 7 Jul '01, 7:42am.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.6.x

Sorry, but I think this thread's time has come.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...