X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

connection problems

Since yesterday, I get a 'Server not found'-error almost everytime I load a website. When I reload the page it normally works but sometimes I have to try it three or four times.

It is a Firefox problem, should I contact my ISP or does my computer (Mac OS) have a problem?
    That's the end of that!
  • Sergio68
    • May 2002
    • 6.0.X

Have you been "user-miserabled" ?
    If that's the only site with problems then it's not probably your fault.
    Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
    Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

It's not just this website, it's almost every website I visit. Does the whole world hate me?
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Sergio68
        • May 2002
        • 6.0.X

The whole world ? Not for sure

You should check every piece that connects you to the internet, try to change browser (cheching also proxy settings), try Safari, then check the router modem and if necessary try with another pc from the same internet line.

Comment

• rezapci
          • May 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MrNase
          Since yesterday, I get a 'Server not found'-error almost everytime I load a website. When I reload the page it normally works but sometimes I have to try it three or four times.

It is a Firefox problem, should I contact my ISP or does my computer (Mac OS) have a problem?
          do you have router? Because I had them sema problem which I take the router off and directed to my PC..
          AlShiaTalk Where Experience Meets Innovation

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

My powerbook has no issues at all, but the mac pro seems to keep storing an old internal ip 62.*.208 address, which doesn't even exist anymore. I can't bind to any new address and have to go behind a router to get 192.168.1.110 (and then i can get on internet).

I also had some packet loss on the wrt54g router, but the wrt54gl one fixed all that.

Comment

• Omri.L
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.5.x

Probably an ISP issue

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Instead of letting your isp handle the dns try using opendns.com - it really helped me with reachability of sites.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Have you tried?

lookupd -flushcache to flush the DNS resolver cache.
                  lookupd -flushcache
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• MrNase
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 3.8.x

No I didn't but it can't be my computer because my dad's one is also having problems with the internet.

It's better today but I'm still having problems with *.com domains or generally with all domains pointing to servers in foreign countries so I guess it's really my ISP's problem.
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                      • Nov 2001
                      • 3.8.x

No I didn't but it can't be my computer because my dad's one is also having problems with the internet.

It's better today but I'm still having problems with *.com domains or generally with all domains pointing to servers in foreign countries so I guess it's really my ISP's problem.
                      Sounds like your ISP is having DNS problems.

Did you say if you are using a Router or not, that would be the only other thing causing that type of problem.
                      It not impossible that a firewall could cause a problem resolving certain top level domains .coms in this cause, but that would normally have to be configured manually, so i dont think it would be a firewall doing it, you could disable your firewall to rule it out, but i doubt it would help.
                      More then likely an ISP DNS issue, they usually clear-up within 72 hours..

However flushing the dns cache on both systems may help, the systems could have cached certain IP addresses they may have been temporary, it cant hurt.
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Sergio68
                        • May 2002
                        • 6.0.X

Try to ping those domains, if you have no answer then follow what Floris told you

Check if you can reach www.bodyweb.it then put on your browser http://83.103.62.125 , if you can se the site just the second time, then you have DNS problems.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...