• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • F1trader.com
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Real visitors or Fake?

Hi,

I few months ago I had ordered 100,000 visitors with a company called www.buyhitscheap.com

I felt that it was to good to be true, but sometimes things are to good to be true so I decided to test them. I had forgotten about them, but because I just started my vbulletin board I remembered I had some visitors left. Just a while ago I started a campaign to send 10,000 targeted visitors to the forum...

After a few seconds I saw the first guests in the statistics area.
    If I look in my statistics overview I see that all visitors are on the index.php page. Nothing happens. That's strange.

A friend of mine had a look and implemented a tracker to see how long each visits lasted. All visitors left between 1 and 3 seconds...

This can't be right... Is there anyone who is familiar with this technique or company????

Marc
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

Most of those companies work by letting the other visitors view the index page for approx 60 seconds.

99% wont move off of your index page, i dont know what to tell you about them leaving after 3 seconds, unless thats how the company is setup.

They sound like real visitors, and most of the hit generating companies do use real visitors.
    But they usually only attract temporary traffic..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• F1trader.com
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

Hard to believe

Hi Joe,

Well i find it a little hard to believe that all of 100,000 unique visitors would leave my site immediately even if it is quit new.

I suspect that they do not actually see the site.

Like I said I don't know to much about this technique but it seems to me that they send Unique IP's instead of real people sitting behind the screen and looking at your site.

Marc

Comment

• WurkAnimal
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Do they show up in the traffic stats as proper visiters?

Comment

• F1trader.com
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.6.x

NashTax,
          Do they show up in the traffic stats as proper visiters?
          Yes they do...

But like I said before most visits last just a second or 2 and then they are away. It looks like they actually sent you a real visitor (IP) but I find it hard to believe that not one of them actually start to navigate a few pages.

We talk about 100,000 visitors where not one of them stays longer than 2 / 3 seconds..

So the question is are the visitors real people or just IP numbers of visitors???

Marc

Comment

• TygerTyger
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.6.x

I sincerely doubt they are real visitors, but I think the key point is this: Who cares? What difference does it make if they're real or not if they're not staying or helping you out? If it's not achieving anything you may as well not bother.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by TygerTyger
              I sincerely doubt they are real visitors, but I think the key point is this: Who cares? What difference does it make if they're real or not if they're not staying or helping you out? If it's not achieving anything you may as well not bother.
              If I buy some hits I'd want them to be real as I want them to register and be active on my comminity.

Guess it's alright if your selling the site to buy some traffic ect.

Comment

• F1trader.com
                • Jan 2007
                • 3.6.x

Why bother

Posted by TygerTyger
                Well, I don't know if you are willing to pay money without getting something in return, but I bought 100,000 real visitors and I had to pay money for that service. Offcourse I bother because I want people to sign up for the forum or submit adverts for free. The site where I bought the visitors gives you the impression that you get real visitors. If I don't get real visitors, but just the hits than I don't want to pay for that. But before I start shaking up things I try to learn & understand what is going on.

Marc

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Exacly Marc, well said.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                    • Nov 2001
                    • 3.8.x

F1trader remember the first thing a lawyer will tell you about the Internet is that an IP address is NOT a person, this is for two main reasons but not limited too.
                    • To avoid severe legal penalties a client may have been associated with on the Internet.
                    • And to point out the fact that the Internet is digital, and on it not everything is run by people, IP addresses are not people no matter what you try to argue, the fact will always come down to that an actual person didnt necessarily do anything to you.
                    I know you feel cheated, and you probably want a refund, as would i.
                    But in my experience, those Hit generating sites actually involve real people watching your site on the other side, why they would have only viewed it for 3 seconds is beyond me..

With that said, yes unfortunately there are also FAKE hit generating sites that send unique IP addresses to your site, as much as you ordered, or as much as your site can handle at the time.
                    But i think that FAKE ones are meant to just advertise the site and make it look busy, not actually attract new potential regular site visitors.

There is a good HIT generating site that i know of, that is real and sends REAL people to your site. You can generate the hits by watching other peoples sites, or buy hits like you did from the site you first mentioned.

Its http://autohits.dk
                    Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sat 10 Feb '07, 9:49am.
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• F1trader.com
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Hi Joe,

First of all i have to say that i will not go quickly into lawyer and lawsuits areas. When purchasing credits like I did I knew taking risk that it might be something to good to be true. Although I understand that not everyone will have interest in my site and will leave quit soon, I am confident enough to say that many at least will have a quick peak what my site is about. Therefore I am almost certain that these are not real people actually viewing a screen with my website.

But sometimes you have to try things as not all sites have bad intentions, like my own site. I offer free advertisment for cars, boats, bikes & real estate. What's the catch? Nothing more then filling up the site.

More adverts >> more visitors >> More potential buyers >> more visitors >> More adverts >> A simple formula which many people don't seem to understand anymore...

Anyway I signed up for the site you suggested. Let's give it a try...

Marc

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.8.x

Ohh i wasnt implying or advising you too at all "RE: Legal issues"
                        Yes, trying to new sites and new things does involve risk.

I hope autohits is somewhat more towards what you/re looking for...
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Kathy
                          • May 2000
                          • 3.8.x

One idea might be that the "traffic" purchased really comes from being attached to a real click, generating a "pop under/pop up" page where the traffic immediately closes the window as that is not where they clicked to go.

I know that in one case, a notorious "traffic seller for cheap" uses this technique. And no one stays....they simply close the window.
                          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

These type of companies make money from your money, but putting your url in those tracker thingies and popup ads etc, underpops are very common. it are those damn annoying little things that are forced down people's throats who installed poor trojans that help them generate clicks etc.

It's a horrible business and I'd never participate in that. I am not saying this particular company might do that. I am just assuming it is one of those type of companies that does.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...