Have you ever thought about Apple (Mac)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWS
    • Apr 2000
    • 5.2.x

I don't hate macs. In fact I own one. I also don't feel that one is better than the other. Whatever works for you and I is all that matters. The problem I have is with most Mac users. When I first got my G5 a couple years ago Macs and OSX was all new to me. I knew where everything was in Windows and OSX was new to me. I joined a very popular Mac forum. Every time I asked a question I would have to read through posts telling me how I'll never regret leaving Windows, how Windows and Bill gates was evil and how OSX and Apple were Gods gift to the computer world. In all of that I would get my questions answered, but, why did the nonsense have to be in every thread I started?
    Go to any Mac forum and mention that you just bought a Mac and that all previous experience was with a PC and ask a question. Sit back and watch the responses.
    If you love your Mac fine. I like my PC and don't care what you think about it.
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• cirisme
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by AWS
      The problem I have is with most Mac users. When I first got my G5 a couple years ago Macs and OSX was all new to me. I knew where everything was in Windows and OSX was new to me. I joined a very popular Mac forum. Every time I asked a question I would have to read through posts telling me how I'll never regret leaving Windows, how Windows and Bill gates was evil and how OSX and Apple were Gods gift to the computer world. In all of that I would get my questions answered, but, why did the nonsense have to be in every thread I started?
      Go to a Linux forum. Ask them what they consider a simple question. Now watch all the responses about how you should RTFM, what a noob you are, etc.

Got a Windows forum, repeat. You're also bound to get a similar sentiment.

Come here, discuss Windows, Linux, or OS X. And just about everyone will have their own pretty strongly stated opinions. It's human nature. Surely you can't say that your earlier comment along the lines "How can OS X be better if Windows has 96% of the market?" is any different. I certainly know plenty of Windows people who react just as strongly to anything non-Windows so I don't see it as a platform issue, but a human nature issue. Just learn to accept it and not be bothered by it and you'll live a happier life. I have.

If you love your Mac fine. I like my PC and don't care what you think about it.
      Ditto.
      TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

My iMac came today! This is my first Apple computer, and I already like it quite a lot.
        Forums

Comment

• cirisme
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Quillz
          My iMac came today! This is my first Apple computer, and I already like it quite a lot.
          What size? The new 24" iMac are absolutely gorgeous...

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

I got the 17'' model, with a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz. I would have loved the 24'' model, but beyond it being too expensive for me, I also don't think it would even fit on my desk. Personally, I'm fine with 17''. I get a very nice 1440x900 resolution, which is plenty.
            Forums

Comment

• JPT62089
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.6.x

I was seriously looking into a Mac for about half a year to a year, then I looked at a high end Windows machine. I was hours away from purchasing the parts for this high end windows machine and decided, if I didn't make the Mac jump now I probably would never do it.

So that night, I ordered my first Mac. I got a MacBook Pro.

The first week or 2 of owning it I sort of regretted it. Not to the point where I wanted to take it back. But I just kinda regretted it a bit. But then I got used to OS X and since then the ONLY reasons why I have been in Windows is to fix it for family members and to finish up my 3D design class.

I don't regret getting my MBP one bit now. The only thing I dislike about it is it tends to get a little warm. Not too badly though.

I love OS X now. I will never go back to Windows ever again, as long as Apple maintains the quality that they put into OS X they do now. I hope to purchase Leopard soon after it comes out

In the future I hope to get an iMac once I am out of highschool and finally get a job and such.
              http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

• cirisme
                • Feb 2003

I got the 17'' model, with a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz. I would have loved the 24'' model, but beyond it being too expensive for me, I also don't think it would even fit on my desk. Personally, I'm fine with 17''. I get a very nice 1440x900 resolution, which is plenty.
                I love the 24" model, but alas, without a lottery win I don't think it ever was meant to be.

Comment

• Sergio68
                  • May 2002
                  • 6.0.X

Now I'm working with the "Old" Power G5 Dual CPU with an abundance of RAM and a 30'' monitor, let me tell you, it's heaven, I always used two 17'' monitors until last fall.
                  The 24'' IMac ? It's the all in one perfection.
                  Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                  Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• Chroder
                    • Dec 2002

I got the 24" model, so glad I did

I had just recently got a 20.1" LCD for my PC, and I thought that was enough for me. Floris eventually convinced me that a 24" would be awesome, so I got it Now I have the 24" as my main monitor, and the 20.1" as the secondary monitor. Sooo much screen space, it's amazing Though I don't think I could use anything much bigger then 24", perhaps 30". I can't help but to imagine my wireless mouse running out of batteries just getting the cursor to the menus

Comment

• Link00seven
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 3.6.x

I am a fan of Apple. I have a iMac G3 and an iBook G3 that I use quite often. My main computer is still a PC, but my next computer purchase will be a MacBook (or top of the line Apple laptop at the time).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...