X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarryoBrien
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Anyone willing to help my forum out

I have my first forum set up and I have a web design section but I cant get anyone to start posting is anyone willing to help me get some posts started

Any help is much apriciated
    Discussion Forum + Web Developement / Builders + Web Developers earn work here
  • Bober42
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.6.x

For a new site I think you have too many forums.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.8.x

Firstly, they dont allow direct advertising of boards on these forums.
      Having your vB URL in your signature is fine.

Secondly i also think you have too many forums, disable a few and enable them again once your board becomes more active...
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• BarryoBrien
        • Jan 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
        Firstly, they dont allow direct advertising of boards on these forums.
        Having your vB URL in your signature is fine.

Secondly i also think you have too many forums, disable a few and enable them again once your board becomes more active...
        Thanks but I not trying to advertise my forum just need some help to get it off the ground!

Comment

• Micfo.com
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.6.x

What kind of promotion have you done for your forum? If not yet, then why don't you find some useful directories and post about your forum, a good description about it might help to get some contributors. Do not get panic, it will grow gradually. Just do your work honestly. And try to find out what others are doing.

Comment

• BarryoBrien
            • Jan 2007
            • 3.6.x

Advertising

Originally posted by Micfo.com
            What kind of promotion have you done for your forum? If not yet, then why don't you find some useful directories and post about your forum, a good description about it might help to get some contributors. Do not get panic, it will grow gradually. Just do your work honestly. And try to find out what others are doing.
            Ive done some amount of advertising so far I'll be able to write a book soon on how to advertise your site.

Im making bebo skins for people but they also have to have at least ten posts before i will give it to them by ten posts there hooked anyway the skins have my site address on them two.

Search engines, Link exchanges im even thiking about advertising on the local radio.

Bebo is a good one all you have to offer people is the release date to some concert on you bebo page and a link back to your site. simple its working to when I started doing this the most ever members online was 290 and thats before setting the cookie time for longer logins.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.5.x

Why not help anyone else out? if were helping you lol

Comment

• BarryoBrien
                • Jan 2007
                • 3.6.x

what do you mean?

Originally posted by NashTax
                Why not help anyone else out? if were helping you lol
                what do you mean?

Comment

• Micfo.com
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by BarryoBrien
                  Ive done some amount of advertising so far I'll be able to write a book soon on how to advertise your site.

Im making bebo skins for people but they also have to have at least ten posts before i will give it to them by ten posts there hooked anyway the skins have my site address on them two.

Search engines, Link exchanges im even thiking about advertising on the local radio.

Bebo is a good one all you have to offer people is the release date to some concert on you bebo page and a link back to your site. simple its working to when I started doing this the most ever members online was 290 and thats before setting the cookie time for longer logins.

Hey BarryoBrien,

That's a great amount of work you are doing.

I specially like the skin one. That's catchy enough with only 10 posts! ATB

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.5.x

This isn't allowed here.

Comment

• Micfo.com
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 3.6.x

This isn't allowed here.
                      Didn't get you.

Could you please explain it? So I can be careful about it next time while posting.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• BarryoBrien
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 3.6.x

thanks

Originally posted by Micfo.com
                        Hey BarryoBrien,

That's a great amount of work you are doing.

I specially like the skin one. That's catchy enough with only 10 posts! ATB
                        Thanks my sites only up 2 months hope it helps me to get some page ranks and new members.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...