Just ordered Vista!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrispadfield
    • Aug 2000

Seems like OEM makes sense to me. As I understand it MS dosen't necessarily enforce the no OEM transfer anyway, and I imagine i'll have my next computer for a while running Vista.

It costs around $220 in the UK (excluding tax) and around $200 in the US so not a huge amount of difference.
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by chrispadfield
      Seems like OEM makes sense to me. As I understand it MS dosen't necessarily enforce the no OEM transfer anyway, and I imagine i'll have my next computer for a while running Vista.

It costs around $220 in the UK (excluding tax) and around $200 in the US so not a huge amount of difference.

Yaa, most of my friends buy OEM..
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• kuyenmotdivad
        • Apr 2006
        • 4.1.x

I have purchased Vista Home Premium wwhich is coming in a few days but I am a bit confussed.

I phoned the tech team at overclockers and they said it should work on my PC as I use a 1.8GHZ CPU with 512MB RAM but it says you need 1GHZ of RAM or is this just the recommended specs?

Originally posted by NashTax
        http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=SW-036-MS

And yes, I am going to be using Internet Explorer too, I heard it's well good. 61 quid
        Thats what I am buying what specs do you need to run it as overclockers it does not tell you?

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK
          I have purchased Vista Home Premium wwhich is coming in a few days but I am a bit confussed.

I phoned the tech team at overclockers and they said it should work on my PC as I use a 1.8GHZ CPU with 512MB RAM but it says you need 1GHZ of RAM or is this just the recommended specs?

Thats what I am buying what specs do you need to run it as overclockers it does not tell you?
          512MB will work, 1GB is recommended...
          512MB will also work for Windows Live OneCare... But 1GB is recommended..
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
            Banned
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.6.x

I am not jumping on it yet. nVidia doesn't even have solid drivers out and ATI doesn't even support OpenGL with it yet. On top of that the drivers for 64 bit OS's are still flaky. When I buy Vista I will also be buying 2GB more ram as well and going 64 bit. Going to keep my eyes out on drivers for all the things I use and when everyone seems to have caught up that is when I will buy it.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Keep checking nzone. They update drivers pretty frequently.

ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.5.x

I like Windows Vista but my graphics card is pretty bad so I cannot use some of the features. Even Windows Movie Maker!

Graphics card - ATI Radeon 9250

Comment

• ThorstenA
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 4.0.x

I like Windows Vista but my graphics card is pretty bad so I cannot use some of the features. Even Windows Movie Maker!

Graphics card - ATI Radeon 9250
                  not directx 9 compatible, ATI RADEON 9500 would be perfect

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ThorstenA
                    not directx 9 compatible, ATI RADEON 9500 would be perfect
                    Yep. The only thing is, ig I upgrade I might need to change my motherboard and I don't want to do that.

Comment

• rakusa
                      • Feb 2008

Since FF2 works with Vista Biz does that mean no Anti Virus needed?

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                      Firefox 2, yes..

What's New in Firefox 2.0.0.1
                      • Release Date: December 19, 2006
                      • Security Update: The following list of security issues have been fixed.
                      • Windows Vista Support: Windows Vista is generally supported with the following caveats.
                      • Firefox 2 What's New: For an overview of new features in Firefox 2, see the Firefox 2 Release Notes.
                      I am ordering a new Dell with Vista Business and on the fence about getting Norton anti virus. I had Win2k and hadn't used anti virus for years and was chasing bugs out constantly with a cocktail of free bug chasers and did well. Spybot, Adaware old version, Pest Patrol, AVG, Spyware doctor, Hijack This, and Smit Fraud Fix seemed to get them all.

Then installed FF2 mid 2007 and no more bugs to chase. Sometimes actually missed finding those suckers lol. So I am wondering, since FF2 and Vista are ok unlike I read elsewhere, is anti virus software needed?

Thanks Joe, your MCSE, CCIE, MVP, credentials certainly qualify you to give the right answer.

Comment

• Redseal
                        • May 2007

Totally unrelated, but I just bought some super strong n48 neodymium magnets to make a speaker. I can't wait to get them ! I wanted to get a huge one but they are really expensive.
                        I love lamp

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Redseal
                          Totally unrelated, but I just bought some super strong n48 neodymium magnets to make a speaker. I can't wait to get them ! I wanted to get a huge one but they are really expensive.
                          WHat the? haha

Comment

• Fusion
                            • Aug 2001
                            • 3.8.x

WHat the? haha
                            He did say it was totally unrelated
                            Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...