A question about announcement forum on my site :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

A question about announcement forum on my site :)

Hi there :-)

I was curious about something, and before I just go make drastic changes I wanted to discuss this with my staff members. But I am starting to get doubts and could use some feedback from other vb admins.

I have 1 single forum for announcements, but it is a bit hard to quickly find what you are looking for. We offer various news (vbulletin .org/.com announcements via rss-feeds and our own site news announcements. But also newsletters, status update information and some other things.

The first thought I had was to make some sub forums and split this up. But I also don't want to make this cluthered. So I am looking for a solution.

Anybody? How would you perhaps handle this if you were the admin of my site?
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

I would use a sub forum for vB.com/org announcements as you generate quite a lot of inhouse news.

Comment

• TygerTyger
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.6.x

What I would do is in the main announcement forum, sticky the single generic announcements as threads (newsletters etc, one per post in the thread) since it's not worth the clutter of a sub-forum unless there's a reasonable amount of threads to go in it, then use the rest of the main forum for other generic site announcement and for groups of more specific announcements use sub-forums.

I use the javascript syndication to pull the latest announcement (just the latest one) to the navbar below the private messages total, seems to work well.

Comment