X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakeS
    • Jul 2005

Some Really Really Goodnews!

Hi Guys,

I've just been told that "Microsoft" have copied the name "Zune" From someone who's had it registered since 2000, And their moaning so he should be going to court or already their for it
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

And what is so good about it?
    That's the end of that!

Comment

• JakeS
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by MrNase
      And what is so good about it?
      For the fact his been copying peoples stuff for like ever and there finally catching on.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Right Jake.

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
          • Jun 2004
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by JakeS
          For the fact his been copying peoples stuff for like ever and there finally catching on.
          What makes Microsoft any different than any other corporation? Sony has been known for stealing or 'borrowing' other companies and peoples 'stuff' for years. I dont see you cheering them down when they get sued because they stole an idea, etc etc.

Microsoft is no different than any other large corporation out there.

Comment

• Greps
            • Feb 2006
            • 3.6.x

and I'll laugh like hell if apple loses the copyright infringement lawsuit against Cisco.

Comment

• TygerTyger
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.6.x

They fully deserve to.

Comment

• Quillz
                • Nov 2004
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Greps
                and I'll laugh like hell if apple loses the copyright infringement lawsuit against Cisco.
                They could and should lose the case, but more than likely a compromise will be reached out of court. The "iPhone" name will likely remain.
                Forums

Comment

• Weapon-x
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 3.6.x

I dont get all this so called "Copy Right" if someone makes a patent for a product called "vPostBoard" (just a name) and that person sits on the patent for ever and does not make anything useful out of it. Then other companies should be able to use the name and make something with it. Like the guy who had "Zune" who cares he came up with an idea anyone can do that. It's the people who use the name and get the product to sell is that's important. I really don't think their should be copyright to a "point" because everyones idea gets taken.

Comment

• Cromulent
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Greps
                    Fair enough.

Originally posted by TygerTyger
                    They fully deserve to.
                    It is not as cut and dried as that. Some information :

More information about the iPhone trademark lawsuit has been coming out. First, it appears that Cisco and Apple's negotiations had continued...

and a quote from the above link :

Meanwhile, one trademark attorney claims that Cisco may have lost rights to the iPhone trademark last year by failing to provide convincing evidence of ongoing use of the iPhone trademark by the proper deadline.

If Apple can prove in federal court that the Declaration of Use contained misstatements of fact, i.e. that there was no continuous use, then Cisco's registration can be canceled

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by JakeS
                      Hi Guys,

I've just been told that "Microsoft" have copied the name "Zune" From someone who's had it registered since 2000, And their moaning so he should be going to court or already their for it
                      It may very well be the same not as clear cut as the iPhone incident as well. Plus how is this good news too? If people want a Zune 2.0, that means they'll have to shoulder some of the legal costs because Microsoft was fighting litigation over an unused trademark.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...