• Show
Clear All
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

MacWorld San Francisco 2007 Keynote

Anyone watching the newstickers?

I am following the Keynote via: http://www.macrumorslive.com/

Rumors say that Apple will reveal the iPhone today!
    That's the end of that!
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

For a more detailed link check this out: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/l...-jobs-keynote/

macrumors seems to be posting random words and phrases, and isn't really helpful.

MGM out

Comment

• Quillz
      • Nov 2004
      • 5.0.X

The iPhone is pretty nice. If I didn't already have a Sony Ericsson W810 and a 2G iPod nano, I'd probably buy one.
      Forums

Comment

• chrispadfield
        • Aug 2000

Looks nice but $600 + 2 year contract and only 2MP camera no 3G and I don't think GPS and not out in Europe until Q4.

Nice, but dosen't quite tick all the boxes especially considering the price.
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Greps
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.6.x

oh wow, look, Europe is screwed again. and by the time that iCrap comes here, SonyEricsson will be out with something much more impressive.

Comment

• DirectPixel
            • Jan 2002
            • 3.5.x

The iPhone looks alright, but the price leaves much to be desired, especially considering that it's a two-year contract.

The iPod functionality is nice, but I'm sure many people would prefer the current iPod interface over the iPhone's iTunes-style interface.

The internet and connectivity features look nice, but ultimately, the usefulness of these features will be determined by Cingular and how they set up their service plans. If they were to do something like T-Mobile's Sidekick data plan, with unlimited everything, then the iPhone would definitely be something to consider. Otherwise, I don't see why I should pay $600 for a two-year contract phone and still have to pay outrageous amounts for data transfer each month.

The idea isn't completely new. Nokia's been doing this for quite some time now, just without all the Apple touchscreen and design cues.
            :)

Comment

• tgillespie
              • Dec 2002
              • 3.7.x

It has sex appeal, but will it deliver? Can only wait and see. I’m a Sony Ericson k790 user and absolutely love my phone, but the feature set of the iPhone on paper looks a bit stronger. I just wish Apple would sell an unbranded version so people wouldn’t have to spend months and months trying to unlock ½ of the phones functionality. Working for T-Mobile, I hope we can muster up something to combat it with.
              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• chrispadfield
                • Aug 2000

Sounds like it is going to be very integrated with the network, the picture voice mail thing for example is more a network change than a phone change. There is no other good reason for not launching in Europe at the same time if it was just a run of the mill GSM phone.

I imagine this will stay exclusive for quite a while, and I imagine cingular will want some pretty high price plans given what they are probably paying for this exclusive deal.
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk
                DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• tgillespie
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                  Sounds like it is going to be very integrated with the network, the picture voice mail thing for example is more a network change than a phone change. There is no other good reason for not launching in Europe at the same time if it was just a run of the mill GSM phone.

I imagine this will stay exclusive for quite a while, and I imagine cingular will want some pretty high price plans given what they are probably paying for this exclusive deal.
                  The absense of 3G is pretty sad though. People from Europe have no idea how spoiled you are. EDGE reminds me of 56k days. Interesting to see Cingular developing a 3G network and then releasing a device that would run perfectly with it, but wont.
                  Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

That touchscreen ipod widescreen video playback and phone machine is pretty nice. Looks awesome. Can't wait to buy it for $299 (so won't be for a few years and second gen release)

Comment

• Quillz
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Greps
                      oh wow, look, Europe is screwed again. and by the time that iCrap comes here, SonyEricsson will be out with something much more impressive.
                      I couldn't agree more. Sony Ericsson makes great phones. I also like how you aren't limited into both memory and formats with their Walkman line of phones. I'm hoping the W850 gets a 850 MHz makeover and is released in NA.
                      Forums

Comment

• Quillz
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by tgillespie
                        The absense of 3G is pretty sad though. People from Europe have no idea how spoiled you are. EDGE reminds me of 56k days. Interesting to see Cingular developing a 3G network and then releasing a device that would run perfectly with it, but wont.
                        Exactly. I've been receiving several 3G SIM cards from them, and yet I still have not seen them offer any "typical" 3G phones. Some of the higher end models, like the Sony Ericsson, are still EDGE by design.
                        Forums

Comment

• MGM
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 3.6.x

I think I'll be waiting on the iPhone until it hits sub-$300 prices, isn't Cingular exclusive, and has any bugs tweaked out (which I'm sure will be an issue with the first version of the iPhone). Besides, I just signed a 2 year contract with Verizon to get my Treo, and this phone does almost everything the iPhone does on the software level, just without all the touch screen coolness, which I'm fine without.

MGM out

Comment

• Radon3k
                            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by tgillespie
                            GPRS/EDGE isn't nearly as bad as 1xRTT on Verizon/Sprint which is still prevalent in many areas. I currently live in a GPRS/EDGE network area and the speeds are far faster than when I had Verzion and used 1xRTT. Granted, 3G is faster however we don't have it just yet.

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

This is what is announced so far or made public:

* Apple's AirPort Extreme w/ 802.11n
                              * Apple's Apple TV, supporting 802.11n
                              * Apple's iPhone, with Intel chip

Anybody interested in this airport and the apple tv, or will the xbox360 basically cover it?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...