• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

What have we done ??

I live in Southern Ontario, CANADA "Brantford, ONT, CANADA to be exact"
    Normally this time of year we have temperatures ranging from a daytime high of -10, -15 deg celsius.
    To a Nightime low around -20 to -25 deg celsius..

It has been 10 to 15 degrees C during the day, pretty much from the end of Fall..

What have we done? This is not normal at all, it raining out right now..

Global Warming??

What is everyone else's Winter like around the Globe "where applicable" ??
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

• ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Rainy here at the moment.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• DirectPixel
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
      I live in Southern Ontario, CANADA "Brantford, ONT, CANADA to be exact"
      Normally this time of year we have temperatures ranging from a daytime high of -10, -15 deg celsius.
      To a Nightime low around -20 to -25 deg celsius..

It has been 10 to 15 degrees C during the day, pretty much from the end of Fall..

What have we done? This is not normal at all, it raining out right now..

Global Warming??

What is everyone else's Winter like around the Globe "where applicable" ??
      It's pretty much on-par right here in Texas, although it was almost 80 degrees (F) three weeks ago.
      :)

Comment

• Ravencroft
        • Dec 2006
        • 3.6.x

West Texas here. Today it was warm, but Dec and the beginning of January were unusually cold. We even got snow, which is just plain, downright odd in these parts.

So, in my neck of woods it's looking more like Global Cooling...

Comment

• tgillespie
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.7.x

We've been getting slammed with snow the last month. Two very big snow storms in the last two weeks and pretty damn cold here. I live in Colorado.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Onimua
            • Apr 2005

We haven't had a much rain around here as we normally would in this part of Miami. Weather's been pretty off around here.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Quillz
              • Nov 2004
              • 5.0.X

34 mph winds all throughout the valley right now.
              Forums

Comment

• TGL_Velocity
                • Dec 2006

I live in the UK where we have recorded our warmest year in history. 2007 is set to beat the records again due to the El Nino effect (BBC news site).

I normally have exceptionally cold winters and decent summers. Over the last few years, our tempreture ranges have been becoming more extreme. Bigger storms, hotter heat spells, milder winters yet one or two days of extreme sub-zero weather. It is really perculiar

I think some damage has certainly been made over the years contributing to some type of climate change. What this means to us over the next 5yrs will be an interesting topic of conversation.

Comment

• Arachnid
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 3.6.x

It's just very cold and windy here in England during Winter. It doesn't seem to rain a lot, though, which is a little strange. And in Summer it's really hot. Or maybe I'm not used to the heat.

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
                    • Jun 2000
                    • 4.0.x

Normally here in the Philadelphia area we would have gotten several inches of snow in Nov and Dec, and the high temps should be running about 40 degrees F. Instead, we've had absolutely no snow at all, and the high temp forecasted for tomorrow will be 72 degrees, what we would typically only see in spring and fall time here and almost double what the avg should be.

There is a prediction that there is a 60% chance that 2007 will be the hottest year ever on record since 1880, and the 19 of the 20 hottest years have all occured since 1980.

There was also a very large ice shelf that is 41 square miles (the size of Manhattan), which broke off in northern Canada last year. This ice dates back to over 3,000 years. This is just one example of massive ice loss at both the poles which has been accelerated in recent years.

Global warming is no longer a myth and we really need to start taking action soon in order to help slow the effect down before we do too much damage. I would urge anyone to see An Inconvenient Truth if you have already and checkout some of these websites:
                    climate crisis website from the movie
                    good website on global warming from the union of concerned scientists
                    climate change on wikipedia
                    global warming on wikipedia

You can also read some more from My Blog

Comment

• Ranger375
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 4.0.x

its been a rather warm winter here in Virginia, USA - We have yet to get any snow, as we usually.

Comment

• Greps
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 3.6.x

it's the first winter in the last 10 years when there wasn't a single snowflake here. winter in Norway was usually snowy, even in cities like Bergen. however, it's all gone to hell recently and this Christmas and New Year were met with rain.

even the ski resorts are completely snowless, by this time of the year I'd be actively snowboarding with friends, but my board still lies unused.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                          • Nov 2001
                          • 3.8.x

As for snow here, we would usually have approximately a foot of snow, and it usually snows about every three days on average..

I have seen it snow here once this season, and that was for about 5 mins with very little intensity, and none of it actually stuck to the ground at all.

Something is very wrong, we have never gone this long with no snow.
                          And the forecast for the week ahead is for temperatures to hit +15 - +17 degrees celsius.

Our normal is around -5 to -8, with lows around -20 degrees celsius for the week ending January 13th..
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Neal-UK
                            • Feb 2004

In the UK winter is normally wet, icy and cold. This year at the moment it's just cold, a little rain and really, really windy. We generally get snow in Jan - March, lol
                            [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Neal-UK
                              In the UK winter is normally wet, icy and cold. This year at the moment it's just cold, a little rain and really, really windy. We generally get snow in Jan - March, lol
                              Snow isn't all that good though

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...