How do I create a Screen Shot for Postings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommy C
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

How do I create a Screen Shot for Postings?

Hi. Can someone explain how I can create a Screen Shot? I've posted a few things, but it would be incredibly easy to explain if I had a screen shot in the post.

Thanks.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

What operating system are you using?

Comment

• Mazinger
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.7.x

There's a key in the keyboard 'Print Screen SysRq'...click on it, then paste the captured image in Paint. That's what I do.
      $post[signature]

Comment

• Tommy C
        • Dec 2006
        • 3.6.x

Windows XP

Also....I do have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0...but not sure if I can use it?

Ok...so then would I hit the "Print Screen/SysRq" key then I would print into a Paint program? then....when I am posting a comment, would I attach the file from the Paint Program?

I realize this is prob.a dumb question.
        Last edited by Tommy C; Sun 31 Dec '06, 10:59am.

Comment

• yellow_spider
          • Aug 2005

Get the screen you want on display

1. Press CTRL + PRT-SCRN

2. Open MSPaint (Yes i know but its simple) , choose edit / paste or press CTRL + V

3. Your screenshot should appear in Paint

4. Save as jpeg / jpg if possible instead of bmp as its a lot smaller filesize. You can always then open it with your paint package of choice to edit it etc.

Comment

• Simetrical
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by yellow_spider
            4. Save as jpeg / jpg if possible instead of bmp as its a lot smaller filesize.
            PNG will be better for screenshots of things like forums, though. And it's lossless, so you can always convert it to JPEG later if desired. Bandwidth is usually less important than artifacting anyway. (Do avoid BMP like the plague, though. I hope Microsoft makes PNG the default choice sometime soon.)
            System Administrator, Total War Center

Developer, MediaWiki

Comment

• feldon23
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.7.x

If you already have Adobe Photoshop Elements, that's what you should be using as it will produce good sized files (as long as you pick Save for Web... and not Save As...).

Comment

• fusion2
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Mazinger
                There's a key in the keyboard 'Print Screen SysRq'...click on it, then paste the captured image in Paint. That's what I do.
                LOL, i cant believe for years i have been using freeware screen capture software when all i had to do what what you described..

UGGGG! Now i know why that print screen never worked, cause you had to paste it somewhere!

Comment

• fusion2
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3.6.x

I use a freeware screen capture program. It allwos me to screen capture the entire screen or to use my mouse to select the area to capture.

Whats great about it is that i just press Print Screen and it will capture the photo and save to a designated folder and name it to a designated standard of my choosing.

You can also choose the size you want it to capture. Such as original size, or specific sizes.

If your interested in it, i can check what its called when i get home. Otherwise that other screen capture option is pretty kewl too!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...