Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheComputerGuy
    • Apr 2001

Just Renewed! Thinking about Brand-Free

Hey guys! It's been quite a while! I just renewed my very first owned vB license which dated back to 03.

I was thinking of getting the Brand-Free option. I was thinking it could be a big plus when I am trying to redo the design of my big forum. vBulletin is an awesome product, and I think the price they want for their brand free version is very reasonable! Any other opinions on the brand free?
  • Mazinger
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.7.x

I just think brand-free option is more suitable for big companies that don't want advertise to any product they use.

The price is good enough. Invisionpower's is $275.00 more than the license price much!!!
    $post[signature]

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
      • Apr 2001

I use Invision, and vBulletin. I am happy with both for the things I need to get done.

Comment

• yellow_spider
        • Aug 2005

I renewed today too

Comment

• Quillz
          • Nov 2004
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Mazinger
          I just think brand-free option is more suitable for big companies that don't want advertise to any product they use.

The price is good enough. Invisionpower's is $275.00 more than the license price much!!!
          That's not unusual at all. Most skinners that I know of charge nearly twice as much for copyright removal as the cost of the skin. And I'm sure there would be an unbelievably high cost if corporations like Adobe or Microsoft ever offered copyright removal on Photoshop or Windows.

That said, I personally would never buy copyright removal, as it really is targeted more for large businesses that want to minimize as much third party advertising as possible. If you really want it, then buy it, but to me, it's a waste of money, especially when you consider all it allows you to do is remove one line of text from the bottom of each page. Nearly every other copyright notice, including the one in the title bar, can be removed free of charge, assuming you know which files to edit.
          Forums

Comment

• ThorstenA
            • Nov 2004
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Quillz
            That's not unusual at all. Most skinners that I know of charge nearly twice as much for copyright removal as the cost of the skin. And I'm sure there would be an unbelievably high cost if corporations like Adobe or Microsoft ever offered copyright removal on Photoshop or Windows.

That said, I personally would never buy copyright removal, as it really is targeted more for large businesses that want to minimize as much third party advertising as possible. If you really want it, then buy it, but to me, it's a waste of money, especially when you consider all it allows you to do is remove one line of text from the bottom of each page. Nearly every other copyright notice, including the one in the title bar, can be removed free of charge, assuming you know which files to edit.

you could replace vbulletin copyright with advertisment and take a look if you earn more with that than the cost of the copyright removal fee.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.5.x

Congrats!

Comment

• Quillz
                • Nov 2004
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by ThorstenA
                you could replace vbulletin copyright with advertisment and take a look if you earn more with that than the cost of the copyright removal fee.
                That's a possibility, although wouldn't placing an advertisement where the copyright once was be considered to be re-branding the software, which is against the EULA?
                Forums

Comment

• Colin F
                  • May 2004

It depends on the implementation, though I'd say it shouldn't be a problem in most cases.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Joe Page
                    • Sep 2002

If you have the spare cash then yes, but it's only a line or two of text

Comment

• 1QuickSI
                      • Oct 2001

The price is nothing compared to the platform I am getting off of. They quoted me $15,000 to remove the branding
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
                      PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

• TalkMilitary
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
                        Hey guys! It's been quite a while! I just renewed my very first owned vB license which dated back to 03.

I was thinking of getting the Brand-Free option. I was thinking it could be a big plus when I am trying to redo the design of my big forum. vBulletin is an awesome product, and I think the price they want for their brand free version is very reasonable! Any other opinions on the brand free?
                        I did it on my personal forum. No clear reason or benefit, though I am sure Jelsoft enjoyed the extra dollars in the bank.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...