X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Posting from my Wii

Figured I'd give this a try, it works well. Any other Wii users out there?
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

Me!

That Opera-for-Wii beta release sucks IMHO.. I tried it for 10 minutes this morning and it crashed 2 times and the 'zoom function' is a joke.
    That's the end of that!

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

Keep in mind for rendering issues that Opera complies very well with standards, so in all likelyhood, it's the page's fault, not Opera.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Mr_Bob
        • Sep 2004

I tried it out on my own site. It actually works very well, and I was supprised to see features such as ajax working so well. It does crash sometimes though, but considering this is, in fact, beta, I can forgive them.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.5.x

I've seen alot of posts like these recently.

Any good? I might buy one atually.

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

According to Engadget:
            The good: Renders Ajaxy pages pretty well for the most part; fast as all get out; super easy to use; clicking with Wiimote is easier than we thought.
            The bad: No "throbber," although there is a slightly delayed progress bar; most buttons don't do anything; scrolling with cursor position and B-button a little weird; no options; cursor got lost on us a couple times.
            The ugly: Big black border around the browsing area that does nothing; no instant address bar access (you have to go all the way home); still no keyboard or mouse support.
            So, as we well know, Nintendo finally released their internet channel (i.e. the Opera browser). We sat down for a bit to play with the thing, same as we did with the PS3 browser (say Microsoft, what, no Xbox browser? Make it Firefox-based, hm?), and gave it the once over. Now, granted, this is supposed to be a beta release, so we're expected to forgive them for the problems we encountered:The good: Renders Ajaxy pages pretty well for the most part; fast as all get out; super easy to use; clicking with Wiimote is easier than we thought.The bad: No "throbber," although there is a slightly delayed progress bar; most buttons don't do anything; scrolling with cursor position and B-button a little weird; no options; cursor got lost on us a couple times.The ugly: Big black border around the browsing area that does nothing; no instant address bar access (you have to go all the way home); still no keyboard or mouse support.Check out the fat image gallery! Wii browser hands-on gallery

It renders better than IE, but that doesn't say much.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Apoco
              • Mar 2003
              • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Originally posted by Zachery
              Figured I'd give this a try, it works well. Any other Wii users out there?
              I usually post with my pants on....^_^?
              Come chat with vBulletin fans, enthusiasts, official staff, and team members @ irc chat
              Server: irc.vBulletin.nl
              port: 6667

#vBfans, #vBorg,

1. vBulletin.nl -Nov '03- Competion Winner

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

lol

Comment

• =HT=Genocide
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

Crashed on me a couple times to..but like others say..its just a beta...and its nothing to get worked up over..i like it..works fine for what i use it for

Comment

• da420
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by filburt1
                    It renders better than IE, but that doesn't say much.
                    You are right, that does not say much. :|

Comment

• CeleronXT
                      • Mar 2002

One of my users made this exact thread on my forum, too.
                      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Andrew111888
                        • Mar 2003

I have a Wii but I haven't downloaded any browser. I just use the forecast channel and the Wii shop channel . I have Super Monkey Ball, Madden 07, Red Steel, and Zelda. I also downloaded Sonic and I think I'll download Super Mario 64 once I get my classic controller .

Comment

• MGM
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 3.6.x

I honestly don't see a reason to visit the internet through a video game console, but to each his own Personally, even if my website breaks through the Wii browser, I won't be going out of my way to fix it (unless, of course, it's an Opera issue that breaks in Opera on pc as well).

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...