Vista Users (rate it)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filburt1
    • Feb 2002

It doesn't really matter to me in any case. I inevidibly swear off most OS upgrades (except for Mac OS X) and then months later, or earlier, cave in and upgrade. Plus I'm getting a free copy of Vista, and my existing copy of XP is from the wonderful days of when my campus bookstore sold it for $15.

I find many of the people who slam Vista think their ancient system will magically cope with it, and when it doesn't, it's Vista's fault, not that they have 2 MB of RAM and onboard video. Upgrade or get out.

Essentially I'm echoing whitetigergrowl's comments. If your computer is at fault for not running Vista to its full feature set, then shut up because of course it won't be a good experience for you.

My lowly, 3-year-old-once-set-on-fire computer (2.6 GHz P4, 1 GB of RAM that should be 2 GB but I'm poor, 10k RPM RAID 0 hard drives, and a Geforce 6800) will only run Vista with average performance, I'm guessing. My laptop (Core Duo, 1 GB, 7200 RPM, Geforce 7400) will probably run it better in some respects, or at least for purely CPU-oriented tasks.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Zonex
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by feldon23
      I still don't know, features-wise, what XP does that 2000 doesn't except Remote Desktop...
      Actually, you can run remote desktop on 2000. Look in the support folder of the CD. You can use it to fix an XP machine. Not the other way around though.
      VNC is better anyways.

Comment

• Kier
        Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
        • Sep 2000

Originally posted by Zonex
        VNC is better anyways.
        Apart from the multi-platform capabilities of VNC, I really couldn't agree less - Remote Desktop is superior in just about every other conceivable way.

Comment

• Zonex
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Kier
          Apart from the multi-platform capabilities of VNC, I really couldn't agree less - Remote Desktop is superior in just about every other conceivable way.
          I really couldn't agree less - VNC is superior in just about every conceivable way.

Matter of opinion and needs I guess.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

I use Remote Desktop all the time. I have not tried VNC.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...