X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Vile
    Hey hey, we're going after Microsoft here, since THEY are the ones that are the big bad evil empire, so it's ok for Apple to have it and get away with it. No problems there. It's also ok for those that don't want the 'flashy graphics' to complain about Vista, even though simple settings can disable these and make it look very basic without uncessary overhead.
    Exactly. I never understand why people never blame Apple for anything, when they bundle just as much software as Microsoft does. Not to mention that when you install iTunes or QuickTime on a PC, there are many background processes that run w/o your permission, and yet this is fine, too. But if Microsoft should ever do this, it's awful.
    Forums

Comment

• Chroder
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Why do you need to buy a new PC? My PC is actually pretty pathetic... AMD 2100+ Athlon processor, 2 GB of RAM, Nvidia 5700 PCI graphics card.

And yet, Microsoft's Upgrade Advisor says I can run Vista without problems. Might not be able to turn every option on at full blast but it will run.
      Thanks for that link, I'm going to run it on my PC and see what it says

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Chroder
        Thanks for that link, I'm going to run it on my PC and see what it says
        Does your computer have a "Vista Ready" sticker anywhere? If it does, I believe that means you can run at least Home Premium with all the extras.
        Forums

Comment

• Chroder
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Quillz
          Does your computer have a "Vista Ready" sticker anywhere? If it does, I believe that means you can run at least Home Premium with all the extras.
          Nah, my PC is older then when the Vista name was even announced

The Upgrade Advisor says there's no issue with upgrading to Vista. That's good to know!

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

I think Vista can be run on more PCs than people think, although they will have to settle without many of the bells and whistles.
            Forums

Comment

• Kiren
              • Oct 2005

Hey hey, we're going after Microsoft here, since THEY are the ones that are the big bad evil empire, so it's ok for Apple to have it and get away with it. No problems there. It's also ok for those that don't want the 'flashy graphics' to complain about Vista, even though simple settings can disable these and make it look very basic without uncessary overhead.
              I understand that Mac has flashy graphics, but I dunno maybe Microsoft's publicity department needs to rethink their image. When I think Microsoft I think oppressive, when I think Mac I think dancing and freedom :P. Those are just "feelings" though and aren't based on fact...but Microsoft's commercials are much more corporate and boring than Mac's.

Comment

• Quillz
                • Nov 2004
                • 5.0.X

Then the Mac commercials have done their job. They want you to see the Mac as something that "cool" and "hip" people are into.
                Forums

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kiren
                  I understand that Mac has flashy graphics, but I dunno maybe Microsoft's publicity department needs to rethink their image. When I think Microsoft I think oppressive, when I think Mac I think dancing and freedom :P. Those are just "feelings" though and aren't based on fact...but Microsoft's commercials are much more corporate and boring than Mac's.
                  Lately when I think of the mac commericals, I think of blatent lies and overgenazations.

Comment

• Quillz
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                    Lately when I think of the mac commericals, I think of blatent lies and overgenazations.
                    Yes, this is what I think of, as well.
                    Forums

Comment

• Vile
                      • Jul 2002
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Now you wouldn't be referring to the commercials that basically say computers running Mac OS don't need to be restarted, and don't crash, would you? Mac, crash? Never! /end sarcasm

Yes, Apple was pretty good at their marketing game and their commercials were a bit amusing, but now they are blatent lies, and unfortunately, the mass population do believe what they hear...
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Quillz
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 5.0.X

Now you wouldn't be referring to the commercials that basically say computers running Mac OS don't need to be restarted, and don't crash, would you? Mac, crash? Never! /end sarcasm

Yes, Apple was pretty good at their marketing game and their commercials were a bit amusing, but now they are blatent lies, and unfortunately, the mass population do believe what they hear...
                        Exactly. I do think that Macs are nice computers, even if they are more expensive, but there are still some things that you just need a PC for. Such as gaming.
                        Forums

Comment

• Vile
                          • Jul 2002
                          • 3.6.x

And to be perfectly clear, I don't have anything against Apple or Macs...I own a number of Apple products, and I think OS X is great, I just think it's sad when you have to stoop to such a level as to lie about a product/competition in order to sell your product.
                          Webmaster / Administrator
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• JakeS
                            • Jul 2005

I Prefer Linux over Apple and Mac But I also prefer Linux over any versions of Windows Server.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Its silly to prefer something like "linux" as broad as a scope as that is, over any thing for a server really. You should use the best software for the job. You wouldn't run a linux machine to run asp.net and you wouldn't run windows to do something thats native to some build of linux.

Comment

• Quillz
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 5.0.X

And to be perfectly clear, I don't have anything against Apple or Macs...I own a number of Apple products, and I think OS X is great, I just think it's sad when you have to stoop to such a level as to lie about a product/competition in order to sell your product.
                                Exactly. But that's what less than 10% market share makes you do.
                                Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...