X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

Showing off Vista Aero-Glass

I decided to enable Aero-Glass today in Vista Ultimate, here are a few screenshots..

Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sat 2 Dec '06, 3:13pm.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

• Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

Looks nice. I'll probably buy Ultimate Edition once it's released to the general public.
    Forums

Comment

• WurkAnimal
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.5.x

Looks nice. Nice screens :P

Comment

• nuno
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.8.x

You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

• Creepshow
          • May 2005
          • 3.5.x

<cartman voice>Sweeeet!</cartman voice>
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Zonex
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Quillz
            Looks nice. I'll probably buy Ultimate Edition once it's released to the general public.
            Why Ultimate? I hear that so much and I'm curious why people pick that edition. Is it the word Ultimate? After looking at the editions, Home seems the way to go for me.

BTW, those screenies do nothing for me except make me want Vista less
            I'm in the minority where I don't need much prettinees and if there is 1 line of code in the OS that's there to mistake my PC for a work of art, it's 1 line too much.

IMO, Win2k was the best OS MS ever made. It's gone downhill from there. Each new OS increases the thread count increases by 30%. How bout something for the AMD(I'm on an Intel btw) crowd MS. Something designed to be as fast as humanly possible.

Comment

• Bober42
              • Feb 2006
              • 3.6.x

Gathering the right people, content and resources, IT Pro gives professionals insight into the technologies and skills needed to take on the challenges

Home premium is $160 less than ultimate and has everything i will need...but win xp already does everything I need so I wont be rushing out too buy it.

Mark

Comment

• Dean C
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Quillz
                Good luck finding the funds...
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Dean C
                  I already have the funds.
                  Forums

Comment

• JakeS
                    • Jul 2005

I Will also be purchasing Windows Vista Ultimate for customers soon, so glad i get stuff cheap

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Zonex
                      Why Ultimate? I hear that so much and I'm curious why people pick that edition. Is it the word Ultimate? After looking at the editions, Home seems the way to go for me.
                      A combination of Shadowcopy, Improved Networking, Encryption, System Image backup and Recovery, Remote Desktop Server, Better Memory Handling, Media Center Support, Fax and Scanning support, IIS, etc...

You can get some of those with Premium and you can get some with Business but Ultimate is the only retail version with all the features.

I plan on putting Ultimate Edition on two PCs in the house and Home Premium on the other three.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Why do you think every one is skint?

Comment

• Dean C
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by NashTax
                          Why do you think every one is skint?
                          Because most 18year olds that I know don't have £350+ lying around.
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Zonex
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            A combination of Shadowcopy, Improved Networking, Encryption, System Image backup and Recovery, Remote Desktop Server, Better Memory Handling, Media Center Support, Fax and Scanning support, IIS, etc...
                            Yes, I understand it comes with all those extra capabilities. Haven't seen anything about better memory handling though. Would be interested to read up on that.

I guess my question is kind of rhetorical. I would bet that most people I have seen post something about getting ultimate just get it because it's packed with features and the word Ultimate. "Oh, I got to get that!" If they call it Vista Crap edition, less people would get it. Why get something that has features most won't even use. Logically, one would think that the more, the slower so why get it?

On another note...
                            Why can't MS go back to how things where with the 9x kernal where you had a choice as to what useless crap got installed during setup? These days you have to use 3rd party apps like nlite or xplite to do that.

Comment

• MRGTB
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by Zonex
                              IMO, Win2k was the best OS MS ever made. It's gone downhill from there. Each new OS increases the thread count increases by 30%. How bout something for the AMD(I'm on an Intel btw) crowd MS. Something designed to be as fast as humanly possible.
                              I used to run Windows 2K Pro here, I liked the OS back then, mainly because it was a no frills OS that was very stable and came without the XP toys and other rubbish. I have the ssytem for Vista though, everything is new and based around 64bit. So I would be missing out. Ah well!

Originally posted by Bober42
                              http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_02.asp

Home premium is $160 less than ultimate and has everything i will need...but win xp already does everything I need so I wont be rushing out too buy it.

Mark
                              I tend to have the same thinking. I would like Vista, but it would have to be the extreme version, and looking at the price. I think I'll also stay with XP Home seeing as it works fine and does what I need for now. just to much money to shell out when I have an OS thats already working spot on.

I've also read that the Ultimate version of Vista is the main gaming version somewhere, on MS own site I think. So it stands to reason everybody will want the Ultimate version for gaming. MS are not daft!
                              Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 28 Nov '06, 11:30am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...